Chapter 22

*RACHELS POV*

I woke up and Jill, Hayes, Nate, and Cameron were around my bed. What? I'm in a hospital. Great. Just great.

"Hey, guys." I say, smiling lightly.

"Do you remember what happened last night?" Hayes asks me.

I nod slowly as the horrible thoughts stung my head. Even if I was drunk, I could feel it all. And it hit me what I did..

- flashback to last night -

I put my feet in the track. It was all kind of blurry. I saw lights coming my way.

It was a train. It was coming my way.

"RACHEL NO!" I heard someone yell.

As soon I could react, someone pushes me out of the way.

The train zoomed by, honking loudly.

I couldn't quite make who it was. That person saved me. The person who saved me was on top of me.

I turn to see who it is. I immediately see those chocolate brown eyes.

They were puffy.

Cameron.

- end of flashback -

"C-Cameron saved me." I say.

"You were drunk, how do you know?" Jill asks.

"I laid my eyes on the chocolate brown eyes I fell so in love with." I say, whispering.

I look over at Cameron and he was looking down. His eyes were puffy. I grab his hand. I know I'm still mad at him, but this is the time not to be.

"Thank you. For saving me." I say, whispering.

He nods.

"I told you to don't do anything stupid! And you almost killed yourself!" Nate says.

"I didn't know what I was doing! I was drunk!" I say.

"For once, I'm actually glad Cameron was there for you.." Nate says.

I ignore his tone. I turn to Cameron, who's hand I was still holding and him still looking at the ground.

"Where's Kelsey?" I say, whispering.

"Gone." He says, whispering back.

The doctor walks in.

"Ms. Green, you are awake." The doctor says.

"Clearly." I say, muttering.

Good thing he didn't hear me...

"I'm gonna talk to you for a second." The doctor says.

"Ok." I say.

"Was this a suicide attempt?"

Cameron, Hayes, Jill, and Nate look at me.

"No! I was drunk! I didn't know where I was going or what I was doing!" I say.

Everybody lets out a sigh of relief. Good, they trust me. I would never do something like that... Well I don't know.

"That explains the hangover. But, you have a slight concussion. When the young man saved you, you hit the ground pretty hard."

I nod, slowly.

"I'm not gonna put you in counseling because you are in fact telling the truth. But, I want someone to watch you for awhile." The doctor says.