Chapter 16

*RACHELS POV*

- 2 months later -

"Wait, one more picture." Elizabeth, Hayes' mom says.

Hayes, Jill, me, and Cameron smile proudly at the camera.

Everything has been going well. Nothing has really happened. Cameron and I are going strong and I hope to keep it that way.

Jack is in jail and has to repeat being a senior. How fun.

"I can't believe this is happening." Jill says, shaking.

"I'm just glad you are going to UCLA along with Hayes." I say, smiling and hugging her.

Today was the day we say goodbye to high school. Today is the day we start a new chapter in our lives. When my father took me, I'm surprised I had enough credit to even graduate. We can finally be free. I'm not going to college. I think I made the right decision.

2 arms wrap around my waist and I chuckle.

"Hey, Cameron." I say, turning around and pecking him on the lips.

Cameron is a valedictorian. I know right? It's true. And he will be giving a speech in front of everybody today.

"Nervous?" I say, grabbing a hold of his hand.

He shakes his head no. "Excited."

I smile wide and peck his cheek, running off.

I jump on her back.

"Rachel, chill the fuxk out!" Raelyn says, chuckling.

I get off her back and laugh.

"Raelyn, we did it!" I say, smiling.

"I'm surprised we did make it." She says.

I slap her arm. "Oh my god, I know. I'm surprised I had enough creds."

"Right. Where are you going to college?" She asks me.

"Umm.. I'm not going to college. I didn't get applied into any. What about you?" I ask.

"New York." She says, proudly.

"Wow, you got into that!?" I say, astonished.

"Ha ha ha. Very funny." She says.

I chuckle. "Well, I think they are about to start. So I'll see you after, maybe?"

"Yep." She says, smiling and walking away.

"Raelyn?" I say.

She turns around, facing me.

"Hmm?" She says.

"Let's keep in touch." I say, smiling.

She smiles and nods as she walks away.

I walk into the building with my head held high. I congratulate some of my fellow class mates. I hug some and take some pictures with some. I expected to hate high school. But it turned out to be my best 4 years ever. I didn't want it to ever end..

I take my seat, right next to Hayes. Funny. Green and Grier. There's not a lot of G last names here..

"Well it was fun while it lasted, Grier." I say, turning to him.

"It was a jungle gym. But we got through it, Green." Hayes says.

We call each other by our last names. 😎✌🏼️

I chuckle as they are starting. Everybody doesn't talk and they take their seat as everybody turns their attention to the front. Flashes go off as desperate mothers take pictures of their kids. Cameron and I wish our mothers were here to see this..