Chapter 8

*CAMERONS POV*

Listen to 'Medicine - Daughter' •

- recap -

"My mom has cancer." I say in tears.

- end of recap -

"What! That's impossible! She has been in San Fransisco and w-" Rachel says in tears, but I stop her.

"She's had this for 2 years. And she didn't have the nerve to tell me." I say in tears.

She brings me into a hug and she brings one of her hands through my hair, calming down.

"So the man behind the phone was the doctor?" She asks.

I nod slowly.

"Do you wanna go see her?" She asks, whispering.

I nod. I don't know why all the bad things have to happen to me. My life was fine. I got Rachel back and everybody was finally happy. Till my life came crashing down in an instant. Rachel grabs my keys and starts the engine. She drives along the road with one hand along the steering wheel and one hand in hand with mine.

I smile at the thought of her being my girlfriend.

"Are you okay?" Rachel asks me, stopping at a stop sign.

"Fine." I say, rolling my eyes like the obvious.

She nods as she begins to drive again.

I don't know why I was taking out all my anger out on her. She was just asking me a simple question and go off.

"Rach-"

"Let's just worry about your mom." She says, cutting me off.

"Why do we keep doing this?" I ask her after a complete silence after 5 minutes.

"What do you mean?" She asks, pulling into the hospital.

"The fighting! Let's just talk this out!" I say, shouting.

She parks the car. She puts her hands of the wheel.

"Wanna talk? Let's talk!" She says.

"Why are we doing this! We are suppose to be happy!" I say, honestly.

"Sh!t is happening between us and it's pretty fuxked up." She says.

Glad she is stating her opinion..

"Are you suggesting we break up?" I ask her, looking her straight in the eyes.

"What, no! But Cameron, we can't be living like this!" She says, stepping out of the car.

"Why are you leaving?! We haven't talked this out!" I say.

She ignores me and starts walking toward the hospital door. I reach up to her and grab her arm.

"Run away from you problems." I say, muttering.

"Fuxk you, Cameron! Your mom is in the fuxking hospital and I'm not fighting with you." She says, shouting.

We step into the elevator. We were the only ones in there.

"I'm sorry." I say.

She completely ignores me so I grab her face and connects them with hers. She tries to push away but hitting on my chest, but I just grab onto her face more till she finally starts kissing back.

"Cameron, we have to go." She says, between the kiss.

I ignore her as I kiss her more deeper.

She let's go and hits my chest as she walks out of the elevator.