Chapter 19

*RACHELS POV*

- recap -

"Do you love me?" He asks.

I don't answer. I just stare at his eyes.

"If you deny loving me, I will leave you alone and never bother you again." He says.

- end of recap -

"I love you, Cameron. More than I have ever loved anyone ever before." I say, sighing.

Tears were threatening to come down now.

"I love you too. I always have and I always will." Cameron says.

"But, we can't be together." I say.

He looks up and his eyes are filled with sorrow.

"I-I understand."

He comes over to me and place one small kiss on my forehead.

"Maybe one day, we can meet again and start over. But, I will always love you more than a best friend. I'm sorry it took so long for me to say that."

"I love you, Cameron Alexander Dallas. I hope we can meet again one day." I say, whispering and almost in tears.

"And I love you, Rachel Faith Green. Never harm your body in any way. See you later."

"I hope you see me in constellations, Cam." I say, choking on my own words.

I can't believe this is happening.

"Our constellations. Always, princess." He says. "This was my biggest fear."

He exits the building. I watch as he makes his way to his car. He kicks it, leaving a huge dent. I flinch as I cry also. I can't believe I let him go.. He walks around his car, constantly kicking it and running his hands through his hair.

I let him slip out of my fingers for good this time, just because I was scared of getting hurt again...

I watch as I see the last bit of his hoodie make his way into his car. He drives off and that is the last time I will ever see him again.

Jill was as surprised as I was.

"Let's go, Rachel." Jill says.

"I feel like my heart was ripped out and bashed." I say.

Jill sighs and sits down. I'm just staring at the wall right in front of me.

"You will feel like that for awhile." Jill says.

"He loved me.." I say.

"He did not only love you. He adored you. He would never shut up about you." Jill says.

We went to neighborhood friends, to a relationship, to strangers.

"Let's go to the mall.." Jill says, trying to lighten the subject.

I get up, but immediately fill like falling to the ground and crying. I feel like nothing. Just like when my dad used to beat me. Where ever he is, he is probably happy. He never liked me with Cameron. Maybe now he can stop harassing me..

I don't know why, but there is an aching in my heart. We get to the car and memories flood back.

- flashback -

"This sight is so beautiful." I say, amazed.

We were on top of a cliff, looking at the sunset. The mixture was blue, pink, yellow, and purple. It was amazing.

"It's my second favorite view." Cameron says, looking at it.

"What's your first?" I ask.