Chapter 25

*RACHELS POV*

I woke up in a hospital. Soft cries fill the room. I look up and see Nate and Jill crying. I remember everything. My father. My father hit us! He's the one who made us crash! Jack was trying to warn me and I didn't believe him! I'm such an idiot.

I start to freak out. "Where's Cameron??"

The look down at the ground.

"WHERES CAMERON!? SOMEONE ANSWER ME!" I say.

"He's in to door right by you." Jill says, whispering.

"Is he okay!?" I ask in tears. "Is he up??"

"He's up." Nate says, whispering.

"I'm going to see him! I have to see him!" I say in tears.

I walk out of my room and make my way to Cameron's. I had to force myself to get up. Even if the pain hurt the most. I walked and walked which felt like forever, even though if it was at least 25 steps. I use my lifeless hand and put it on the cold door knob to where the love of my life is laying in. I look behind me and I see Hayes and Jill, looking sad. Why are they sad! I'm fine and Cameron is fine!

I turn the knob and see Hayes talking to Cameron. Cameron eyes me and I look up at him. He has a cast on his leg, arm, scratches, bruises... You name it, he probably has it. I cover my mouth with my hand. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck. Hayes gets up and sorrow fills his eyes.

"I'm so sorry. This was all my dads fault. I should of trusted Jack and I didn't! I'm such a fo-"

"Rachel!" Hayes says.

I let go of Cameron and he looks confused.

"Not to be rude, but who are you?" He says.

I look over at Hayes, Nate, and Jill.

"He lost his memory, Rachel." Hayes says.

"No. No. No. This can't be happening! I was finally happy! He has to remember me!" I say, yelling.

Cameron looks at me confused. "I've never seen you before. But you are beautiful."

"How does he know you guys but not me!?" I say in tears.

"I don't know." Hayes says, whispering. "I don't know."

"Will he gain his memory back?" I say, choking on my own words.

"The doctor says probably not." Jill says, looking down at the ground.

I go over to Nate as he opens his arms. I jump up and wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I put my face in the crook of his neck as I cry.

"Why is a beautiful girl like you crying?" Cameron asks me.

I turn to him and give him a small smile while returning back to Nate.

"It hurts." I say.

"It will get better." Nate says.

I jump off of him.

"Not when everything was starting to be okay again." I say, whispering.

"A good friend once told me that your own happiness came before any others." He says.

I cry for that reason. I was the one who once said that.

"Guys, can you leave for a second. I wanna talk to Cameron." I say, with a crack in my voice.

They all nod and wish me good luck. Once they leave, I sit on the chair and put my head in my hands.

"Are you okay?" Cameron asks me.

"N-No. No, I'm not." I say in tears.

"Can you tell me who you are?" He asks me.

"I was not only your girlfriend, but your best friend." I say, with a crack in my voice.

Memories flooded back to when we were partners in History...

- flashback -

"Ok, class. We are doing a project and I'm gonna put you in groups of two. So once I call your names, sit by that person. You will need to do this project in and out of school. I'll start calling out names." Out teacher says.

She goes through all the names.

Cameron and Rachel. No. No. No.

"Can I switch partners?" I ask, shouting.

All eyes on me.

"Ms. Green, do you have a problem with your partner?" The teacher asks.

I look at Cameron. "Very much actually."

"Me. Dallas, do you have a problem working with Ms, Green?" The teacher asks Cameron.

"No ma'am. Not at all." He says.

I glare at him. He's dead.

"Well Ms. Green, there is really nothing I can do because this class is an even number and everybody has a partner... So you are going to have to work with Mr. Dallas." The teacher says.

I nod as I turn my back to her. I go over to Cameron and sit down by the desk next to him. When the teacher turns around, I flip her off.

"Woah, what happened to the good girl?" Cameron asks.

"That girl is long gone. Let's just get to work." I say.

Angela comes over and whispers in my ear.

"Don't even try to pull anything."

"Yeah, about that.. Cameron and I aren't even friends so you have nothing to worry about. Go to your little posey and mind your own dam business." I say, snapping.

She goes over to Cameron and kisses him roughly.

"Ms. Jones!! Get back to your seat and do your work now!" The teacher says to Angela.

She nods as she walks off. I start to get back to my work.

"He doesn't deserve you."

Jack.

"Well, I don't deserve a lot of things and oxygen is one of them." I say.

- end of flashback -

Hours pass by and I go through everything. From childhood memories, how my mom died, my father, graduation, our little fights. Everything. I went through everything. Laughs fill our mouths and I thought it was the old Cameron I talked to.. But, it will never be the Cameron that once was mine. He will never be mine. And that hurts. It hurts so freaking much.

"I hope you know, I love you." I say, whispering and leaving the hospital room.

_____________________________

2 MORE CHAPTERS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!