Chapter 21

*RACHELS POV*

I watch as Cameron calls Kelsey princess. He leans in and kisses her. He looked.. Happy. Nobody notices Nate and I were there because we weren't standing by them. We were standing kind of away from everybody. But, we could still hear the conversations between them.

We were by a train track, which made everything noisy. I couldn't hear myself think.

"N-Nate, I thought I could do this but I can't." I say, backing up.

"Rachel, you can do this. I know you can. You've been through way harder stuff in your life." Nate says.

"What if he tries to talk to me?" I ask him.

"I will be right by you the whole time. If he talks to you, answer him. But, don't make direct eye contact." Nate says.

I nod. He wraps his arm around my waist and we get closer and closer to the table. Till, we finally reach it...

"Rachel!" Jill says, screaming.

The whole table turns my their attention to me.. Including Cameron. He sees me and he is shocked almost. Like he wouldn't think I work be here...

I hug Jill and then Hayes.

"You didn't tell him I was coming?" I say, whispering to Hayes.

I let go of the hug.

"Surprise." He says, smiling.

I tell them congratulations as I take a seat across from Kelsey and Cameron. Cameron is still staring at me, but it's not like it's uncomfortable.

"How have you been doing, Ray?" Cameron asks me.

"Rachel and fine." I say and also correcting him.

He nods, slowly.

I turn to Nate and he grabs my hand under the table. I smile. Cameron must of seen it because his fists were a bright red and his jaw was clenched. Why does he care? He has a girlfriend.

Kelsey grabs Cameron's face and kisses him. I was about to get up, but Nate stopped me. They soon let go of the kiss and Kelsey smirks.

"So Rachel, are you still in love with him?" Kelsey asks me, smirking.

Cameron looks at me and I answer.

"What's the point? It's not worth it. Because in the end, the sun will still set and the moon will still rise. Waves will still greet the ocean shore and flowers will still grow. We'll stare blankly at each other and I'll still remember the broken promises that he tried to keep but failed. My knees will still shake when I talk to him and my bones will ache at night. He'll still smile but it won't be because of me, it'll be because of Kelsey. I'll still check my phone every night incase he decides to text me but that's silly because he'll be to busy texting someone else." I say.

Nate gives me a warm smile and I smile back. Cameron looks almost sad, but I don't really care.

"Sorry, he's mine." Kelsey said, kissing Cameron's cheek.

"You know, you got a lot faker the last time I saw you." I say to Kelsey.

"And you got a lot stupider if you think Cameron is gonna love you again." Kelsey says, snapping.

I love how Cameron just sits there and doesn't say anything.

"I love how you think you are little miss perfect." I say.

"Ugly piece of sh!t." She says to me.

"She's not ugly." Cameron says to Kelsey. "She's horrendous."