○ 9 ○

As they went back on the ride.

It was becoming dark and darker with each passing minute.

Tae suggested they could rest in some hotel if he can't drive back because he drove for 14 hours and they are returning.

Tae: "Kook"
She called, tapping on his shoulder to get his attention, and Kook slowed the bike speed to listen to what she was speaking.

Tae: "We have been travelling for a few hours, and you drove all night yesterday."

Kook: "Yeah."

Tae: "Like, can we go to a hotel or something? You take some rest, and we will start again tomorrow?"

Kook: "I don't think you will be comfortable with it, Tae. It's okay."

Tae: "It's not okay, and I'm the one who proposed the idea, so no problem."

Kook: "If you say so."
Kook mumbled to himself, nodding, a smile on his face because she cared about him.

Tae: "You need rest."
She mumbled and was surprised at herself.

After some time, they stopped in front of a hotel and took a double bedroom.

Both stopped in front of their respective room doors.

Kook: "Tae, I will leave my door open. You can come if you want anything."
He said with a soft smile.

Tae: "Yeah. Good night."

Kook: "Good night."

Tae did her night routine and took her phone to check if she had any important emails to respond to.

While Kook was done with his bath after doing some push-ups, he was only in his sweatpants, ready to go to sleep, but before that, he wanted to make sure Tae was asleep.

So, he slowly went out and looked at his opposite door, only to see the lights were already off. Thinking Tae slept, he returned to his room, leaving his door unlocked.

After some time, Tae slowly opened her door and tip-toed towards Kook's room to see he was already asleep because he had been driving for hours.

He is snuggled up entirely in the blanket towards the end of the bed.

Tae smiled at him, sat on the bed for a few minutes, and googled if there were any places for them to visit as they were already staying in the hotel.

After some time, Tae got up, went to his side, adjusted the pillow and blanket, and caressed his hair falling on his face.

His tattooed hand peeks out of the blanket, giving a small view of his tattoos.

She was about to touch it with a smile when she realised what she was doing, and she instantly turned into an expressionless face.

And went back into her, slightly tapping her cheeks to act appropriately.

Next Day:

Kook woke up early and got ready. And he searched for some places to visit.

Tae: "Kook."
She came into his room rubbing her sleepy eyes, messy hair in a bun and her slippers on the wrong foot.

Kook: "Yes, baby bear."
He said unconsciously.

Tae: "You already got ready."
She says after looking at him and falling on the chair near his bed.

Kook: "Yeah."
Kook entered his imaginary world where it seemed like they were already married, and it was just another fine morning for them to be together.