○ 23 ○

As the day draws closer to evening, Kook takes Tae on a helicopter ride over the city.

They soar above the skyline as the sun begins to set, painting the sky in hues of orange and pink.

Kook wraps his arm around Tae’s waist as they look out over the city they built together.

Kook: “This view is nothing compared to what I see every day,”
Kook whispers into her ear and kisses her ear shell.

Kook: “You’ve always been the one who lights up my world, Taebear.”

Tae: “I feel like I can face anything when I’m with you. But you are too cheesy Koo.”
Tae smiles softly, leaning into him.

He kisses her temple with a warm smile on his lips, the softest of kisses as the sun sets, casting a golden glow around them.

When it was about 7 in the evening, Taekook went back home, only to see their room balcony transformed into a romantic, safe place.

Kook took help from Jimin and his mom to set up the whole thing.

A round table set for two, surrounded by flickering candles, the soft glow casting a golden hue on everything around them.

Rose petals were scattered across the floor, and fairy lights twinkled over their heads, mirroring the stars above.

For Tae, it was as if the world only consisted of the two of them.

Tae looked around, her heart swelling with warmth as she took in the effort Kook had put into making the evening perfect.

She smiled at him, her eyes full of love. And threw herself onto him and kissed him deeply, making him chuckle in the kiss.

Kook: “I wanted tonight to be perfect for you and us,”
His voice was smooth and husky, making Tae melt.

Kook said, pulling out her chair before sitting across from her.

Kook: “With everything happening tomorrow… I just wanted this moment to be ours.”

Tae: “It’s beautiful. Just like you.”
She whispered, her voice soft, filled with emotion as her heart fluttered.

And then they started to eat, after a few moments of comfortable silence, Kook suddenly put his fork down, looking at Tae with an intense gaze.

Kook: "Tae,”
He began, his tone serious but with a playful glint in his eyes,

Kook: “There’s something I’ve been thinking about... something important.”

Tae's heart skipped a beat. His expression had shifted, and though they were sharing such a beautiful evening, there was a tinge of seriousness that made her sit up straighter.

Tae: “What is it?”
She asked softly, searching his face.

Kook leaned back in his chair, exhaling dramatically making her almost roll her eyes.

Kook: “I think... it’s time,”
He said slowly, pausing for effect.

Tae: "Just say it already. Don't be a dramatic bunny."
She says with a pout which Kook quickly pecked on and continued.

Kook: “I think we need to break up.”

Tae’s heart dropped. She froze, her eyes widening as the words sank in. She stared at him, her mind struggling to process what he just said

Tae: "W-What?"
She whispered, her voice shaky, her mind racing. A soft tear welled up in the corner of her eye as she searched Kook's face for any sign that this was some cruel joke.

Tae: “Break up?”
She whispered, disbelief flashing in her eyes. Her heart felt like it was dropping.

Kook watched her reaction for just a second too long before his serious expression melted into a soft smile, full of love and mischief.

But Tae is too louder in her thoughts to notice that.

Kook: "Yeah… I think it’s time you stop being my girlfriend…”

The blinked, trying to hold back the tears that were now threatening to spill.

But before she could say anything, Kook stood up and came over to her side, kneeling next to her chair, his hands gently cupping her face.

Kook: “…and start being my wife,”

Tae blinked in confusion for a second before his words sank in.

Relief washed over her, her body trembling slightly as she let out a breath she didn’t realize she’d been holding.

Tae: “Idoit! Don’t scare me like that!”
she exclaimed as she pushed him away slightly, but Kook did not leave his hold, her hands gripping his shirt tightly, still trying to calm her racing heart.

Tae: "What are you on your periods or pregnant mood swings."
She said, rolling her eyes and smacking into his chest once more, making him chuckle with a smirk.

Kook chuckled, his thumb gently caressing her cheek, his eyes full of warmth and love.

Kook: “Sorry, I couldn’t resist,”
He teased, pressing his forehead against hers.

Kook: “But I’m serious about the wife part, Taebear. Tomorrow, the rituals begin, and after that… you’ll be mine forever."

Tae’s heart swelled as she gazed up at him, her eyes now filled with tears of joy.

Tae: "You scared me, but... the wife part, I can live with that."
She whispered, but there was a smile playing on her lips.

Kook laughed softly, leaning down to capture her lips in a tender kiss, slow and filled with so much emotion it made her knees weak.
Their tongues met in a gentle, loving rhythm, the tension from moments ago dissolving into a deep sense of peace and love.

As they pulled back Kook spoke again.

Kook: "About mood swings, pregnant."
He says with a smirk as Tae raises her eyebrows.

Kook: "How can I pregnant when I'm thrusting inside you every ni-"
His words got cut off when she placed her palm over his mouth with wide eyes, a crimson blush crawling her cheeks, making Kook chuckle at her.

Tae: "Koo!"
She whispered at him, making his peck on her palm as she retrieved back her hand.

Kook: "You'll never have to doubt that you're everything to me, Tae,"
Kook says, looking into her eyes, letting her know how much he means the words.

Kook: "You're not just going to be my wife... you're my entire world."

Tae: "The same goes with you. You are just not going to be my husband but the entire world too."
She says pecking on his forehead.

With that, they kissed again, deeper this time, filled with all the love and promises they had for their future.

The playful scare was quickly forgotten as the night grew more magical around them, with Kook and Tae sealing their forever with soft, lingering kisses under the starry sky.

For the new journey which is ahead of them with so many mixtures of moments.

Tell me how it was...

Stay tuned😁😁