○ 12 ○

As soon as Kook got into his home, Jin (Kook's mom) and Jimin (sister) started to question him with a barrage of inquiries:

"Where have you been?" 
"What's the purpose of this late-night return?" 
"Did you meet a girl?" 
"If yes, who is she?" 
"Did you eat properly?" 
"Where did you stay?" 
"Did you enjoy your trip?"

Kook answered all the questions patiently, smiling at their concern and curiosity.

Once the Q&A session was over, he excused himself and went to his room, the ladies teasing him all the while.

Namjoon (Kook's father) laughed at their antics and congratulated Kook on finding his love, suggesting he bring Tae over to meet them when she felt comfortable.

They also discussed the future of the Jeon Company, and this time, Kook agreed to take over the company, as his father had asked.

On the other hand, Tae updates her mom, Jisoo, on everything that has happened between her and Kook.

Jisoo was happy for her daughter, feeling Kook was the right one for Tae—perhaps a mother’s instinct.

After finishing her conversation with her mom and completing her night routine, Tae's mobile chirped with a notification from Kook.

------

Kookie: 
I'm home, sweetheart.

Sweetheart:
Good. 😊 How was the interrogation?

Kookie:
Intense! 😂 Mom and Jimin had so many questions. But I survived.

Sweetheart:
Haha, I can imagine. Did you tell them everything?

Kookie:
Yep, they know about us. And they want to meet you whenever you're comfortable.

Sweetheart:
That's sweet. I'd love to meet them, too.

Kookie:
By the way, there's something else. Dad asked me to take over the Jeon Company, and I agreed.

Sweetheart:
Kookie, that's amazing! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you. 🥳🥰❤

Kookie: 
Thanks, love. It feels like a big step, but I'm excited.

Sweetheart: 
You'll be great, dear. I have no doubt.

Kookie: 
I hope so. Speaking of steps, how about we take another one this weekend?

Sweetheart:
Oh? What do you have in mind?

Kookie:
An official date.
Just you and me.
Dinner, maybe a walk by the river, something romantic.
What do you say?

Sweetheart: 
I say yes. I'd love that.

Kookie:
Perfect. I'll plan something special for us.

Sweetheart:
You always do.

Kookie:
I can't wait. But for now, get some rest. Sweet dreams, my love.

Sweetheart:
Goodnight, Kookie. Sweet dreams.

Kookie:
Goodnight, sweetheart. Talk to you tomorrow. ❤️

Kook put his phone down with a smile, feeling a sense of contentment and excitement for the days ahead.

As Tae lay in bed, she couldn’t help but reflect on the events of the evening.

Her heart fluttered with a mixture of excitement and apprehension.

Being with Kook felt right, but she couldn’t ignore the insecurities that had taken root deep inside her.

Growing up, Tae had witnessed her parents' relationship fall apart.

What started as a loving marriage slowly became a strained coexistence, filled with arguments and silent treatments.

She remembered how her mother, Jisoo, had tried to hold everything together for the family's sake, but eventually, even the strongest threads had snapped.

Her father had left, and the aftermath had left Tae wary of love and commitment.

The shadow of her parents' failed relationship loomed large over her, making her question whether true, lasting love was possible.

Could she trust her heart with someone, knowing how easily things could fall apart?

These fears had kept her from fully embracing love, even as her feelings for Kook grew stronger.

But Kook was different. She saw he had been patient, kind, and understanding.

He never pressured her, always allowing her to sort through her emotions.

His love was steady and unwavering, making her feel safe in a way she had never felt.

Tae smiled as she remembered Kook's excitement over taking over the Jeon Company.

His passion and dedication were inspiring, and she had no doubt he would excel.

She felt a surge of pride for the man she was falling in love with, and for the first time in a long while, she allowed herself to hope.

--------

On the other side of town, Kook lay in his bed, his thoughts filled with Tae.

He had waited so long for this moment, for someone who made his heart race and his world brighter.

He knew Tae had reservations about love and was determined to show her that their relationship would be different.

Kook had always believed in love.

His parents, Namjoon and Jin, had set a beautiful example with their marriage, demonstrating that love required effort, patience, and a lot of understanding.

Watching them navigate life's challenges together gave Kook a blueprint for what he wanted in his relationship.

Meeting Tae had been a turning point. From their first encounter, he felt a connection that was hard to describe.

She was everything he had dreamed of and more.

Her laughter was infectious, her smile could light up the darkest room, and her passion for fashion was inspiring.

Kook knew he had found someone special, someone worth fighting for.

He was aware of Tae's fears and insecurities and respected them.

Kook was committed to showing her that love could be beautiful and didn’t have to end in heartache.

He wanted to be the person she could rely on, who would stand by her through thick and thin.

Tell me how it was...

Stay tuned 😁😁