○ 21 ○

3 days before their marriage:

As Tae stepped out of the conference room, she could sense the unease that gripped her employees.

They exchanged glances, and the hum of hushed conversations reached her ears. Her secretary approached her with a concerned expression.

Secretary: "Ms. Kim, I think you need to see this,"
She said, handing over her phone with a shaking hand.
The screen displayed the headline:

'CEO Taehyung Caught in Scandal: Rumors of Affair with Bogum Spread Fast.'

Tae: "No... it can't be true. I haven't even spoken to him!"
Tae felt her stomach drop as she whispered.

Secretary: "I know, but the media won't let it go. They're outside right now, waiting for a statement. You have to say something,"
Secretary urged her voice a mix of sympathy and urgency.

Tae: "Jungkook. I need to speak to him." Tae
Tae's voice was a mere whisper, but the anxiety wrapped around her throat like a noose.

She doesn't care about who is standing in front of her company or what they are thinking or framing about her. All that matters to her right now is Kook and his trust.

Somehow she managed to get out of her company and reach Kooks. She was calling him so many times, but he wasn't listening to her call.

It's been hours since the scandal came. Jisoo called her to comfort her along with Jin and Rm but nothing is making her feel at ease.

Every time the call goes unpicked, a wave of panic washes over Tae.

The thought of Kook believing those lies was unbearable.
She needed to see him, to make him understand.

She reached Kook's company and parked the car, not caring if it was in a proper way or not, she could feel the eyes of employees, she made her way to the elevator and pressed the button.

Her mind went to how to make him not believe the rumours and how to explain them to him. As she has seen her parent's relationship fall apart she couldn't afford to dive her mind negatively.

She opens the door, only to Kook sitting there, his expression dark and stormy.

The moment their eyes met, she felt a shiver run through her. He looked furious, and the weight of his anger hit her like a tidal wave.

Tae: "Kook! P-please, it's not true."
She says once their eyes met.

Kook: "What are you doing here, baby?"
He asked, his voice low and soft.

Tae: "I came to find you! You didn't answer my calls! You let them get to you! You do not believe those rumours,  do you?"
She says, tears rushing through her eyes. Her voice is breaking as she speaks, making Kook's heart clench.

Kook: "I don't believe them, but seeing your name in those headlines—it killed me.
I thought I'd lost you before I even had a chance to fight for us."
His voice was low and comforting as he made his way towards her, cupping her cheeks. Kook shook his head, his expression softening.

Tae: "I would never cheat on you, Jungkook!
You know me!
You know how much I love you!
My parents' marriage... it broke me.
I don't want to lose you to something so stupid."
Tae's heart sank at his words, and she stepped back, her mind racing; she couldn't hear his voice because the voices in her mind were intimidating.

Kook: "Love, look at me. You were mine, and I know that.
You are everything to me, Tae.
I don't care what they say.
I trust you"
he says, making her look into his eyes, his voice raising a bit because he could see her conflicting with herself.