CHAPTER 5

Hello sweethearts, weekend smells so nice. Hope you are doing well. Tell me how's the story is going. Let's go.

___________________

Continuation of 5 years ago.

The first rays of light pierced the curtain. The heat seeped into the room. Jungkook was stirring; the drowsiness of sleep was slowly abating away. He blinked, trying to recall everything from the previous night. Beside him, Jimin stirred, blinking his eyes open to Jungkook lying beside him.

There was a brief moment of silence between the two, the reality of the situation slowly dawning on both men. Jimin decided to shatter the silence, his voice sharp with sarcasm. "Well, well, well. Look who decided to play pillow baby. Feeling sore, Jeon?"

Jungkook's eyes narrowed; the edge was once more back in his voice. "Don't flatter yourself, Park. We were drunk. That is the only explanation for whatever the hell happened last night."

Jimin sat up, the smirk broadening further. "Oh, that's what we're calling it now? A drunken mistake? Convenient excuse."

Jungkook rolled his eyes, almost at his wits end. "What, you think it meant something? That suddenly we're best friends now?"

Jimin tensed up, the thread of annoyance twitching into his brow. "I will appreciate it if you won't kid yourself. Last night was just a.... lapse of judgment."

Jungkook shivered by the cold air. He was sitting on the bed, swinging his legs over the edge. "Exactly. One time. We might as well pretend it never happened."

Jimin laughed, but the sound was bitter. "Funny how you're saying that, considering you seemed to be really into it last night."

Jungkook narrowed his eyes and clenched his jaw. "You think you're so smart, don't you? That you can just twist everything to your advantage."

Very defiantly, Jimin stood, taking his clothes from the floor. "I don't have to twist anything, Jeon. You were the one begging me for more, remember?"

His words bit as Jungkook flushed in both anger and embarrassment. "So were you. You're such an ass, Park. Always have been."

And Jimin shrugged, honestly unbothered by it all. "You're still the bossy asshole who thinks he's untouchable. Some things never change."

Jungkook walked toward the door, turning slightly to look over his shoulder at Jimin. "So last night doesn't mean anything. We're still rivals."

Jimin's eyes met his, cold and never backing down. "Damn right we are. Last night was just a distraction. Nothing more."

Jungkook nodded shortly, pushing open the door. "Good. Now go away...I have a life that I want to catch up on."

Jimin sat again, a little longer, watching the door close decisively after Jungkook, and then, well gathered up his things and prepared himself mentally to face the world again.

Both men knew that whatever had passed between them was best buried. Their feud ran too deep, the lines dug in tight. Still, beneath the mocking and scorn, something small inside of both of them wondered if they would ever be able to really forget what happened in that room.

____________________

PRESENT

July, 2024
______________

PARK LTD., 2:30 PM

Jimin walks into his office with a composed demeanor tinged with tension. Just then, his best friend and assistant, Jung Hoseok, enters the room with his ever-blinding smile, so typical of him.