CHAPTER 25

Hello beautiful people, how are you doing? The last one, hope you are ready for this...

______________

JUNGKOOK'S APARTMENT, TWO YEARS LATER

Jimin sits in the expansive window of their apartment, watching as early light bathes the city skyline in shimmering gold. He sinks into the silence of Seoul just waking up for a perfect moment. He raises the porcelain coffee cup to his lips. The steam curls softly in the air before the warmth of the drink reaches him. His eyes roam over the view, though his thoughts aren't of the present. It's a jumble of memories; some tighten his chest with quiet, simmering warmth.

It has been two years since that night. He looks down at the simple silver band on his ring finger, feeling its weight, as he had then, when Jungkook stood before him: strong and free. Jimin breathes softly, as if not to disturb the steam from the coffee dancing with the deep breath of nostalgia in his lungs.

Around him, the flat stays still, morning light spreading long, golden streaks across polished wood floors. The huge windows speak of a city coming to life in full swing but here, it was like time held its breath. Jimin shifts minutely in his seat, leaning back on the plush cushions that were soft against his skin because he had allowed himself to fully succumb to the memory which has been tugging at him since dawn.

_____________

They pulled up to a secluded rooftop overlooking the city as Jungkook's car engine had just died down. It had been a pretty quiet drive, comfortable but filled with a kind of anticipation that made the air between them vibrate.

Jimin glanced out the window as they passed by the blur of city lights, wondering where they would end up, but he hadn't asked.

He trusted Jungkook enough to know it would be something meaningful. After today showing up outside his office gave him full princess treatment in front of everyone. He hadn't said out loud but he was jealous of seeing Yoongi's proposal to taehyung, now this was feeling even. Not that he wanted the same, they were so different but little good time with Jungkook was all he needed.

Just when Jungkook opened the door for him and Jimin stepped out onto the rooftop, his breath caught in his throat. There were candles everywhere and soft light flickering against the glittering city outside at night. A small table, elegantly set with silverware and champagne, stood in the center of the room, as if waiting for them to sit there quietly and pursue the rest of their night in intimacy.

Jungkook slipped up behind him, wrapping arms around Jimin's waist. His warmth felt instantaneous, familiar, grounding in that moment. The faint scent of Jungkook's cologne mixed with the crisp air and made Jimin's senses come alive.

"You did all this?" Jimin had whispered, his voice barely audible above the faint hum of the city below.

Jungkook's lips ghosted down the back of his neck, leaving a chill down Jimin's spine. "Only the best for you," he whispered, warm, reassuring breath on Jimin's skin.

Jimin turned inwardly against the warmth of Jungkook's chest, feeling the solid pressure of his body; the steady beat of his heart vibrated along Jimin's back. The view was astounding, the setting romantic, but nothing compares to the way Jungkook holds him-as if Jimin were at the center of the universe.

They had settled in at the tiny, candlelit table, the city stretching out below them. It didn't matter how deep their conversation went; it was all done with that sort of smooth, carefree flow, full of teasing smiles and stolen glances. But underlying the whole thing was a kind of quiet intensity, something Jimin could feel by how Jungkook kept reaching across to brush his fingers against Jimin's wrist, and by how long his eyes lingered on Jimin just a bit longer than they needed to.