CHAPTER 18

Hello pretty babies, hope you are doing well. Happy weekend.

___________

Kim Jang's Penthouse - Midnight

There's opulentness in Kim Jang's penthouse, a lacing of luxury with danger that Jimin and Namjoon thought they could see as they strode together through the dimly lit living room. The velvet drapes, marble floors—everything screamed of money, but the silence of the room rang with menace. Kim Jang sits on a luxurious armchair, her lips sporting a smirk, but in her eyes, there's a hint of fear while she watches Jimin and Namjoon approach.

The air is practically crackling with nervousness, and both guys carry themselves with such lethality that it's obvious they haven't come here for easy chats.

Jimin's presence is terrifying, his eyes are glacial-cold, merciless; every move of his seems thought out. Namjoon remains close, jaw tight, hand ready to shoot to the hilt of the blade he keeps hidden. The promise of violence seems to hum in the air.

"Well, well, well. Look what finally dragged themselves here," barks Kim Jang, her voice thick with sarcasm as she lifts her glass to her lips. "I always knew you two would come crawling eventually. But tell me, Jimin, are you here to fight for Jungkook's heart or just to kill me?"

Dead calm was the look on Jimin's face, though his eyes told a different story. He wasn't here to talk. Step by step, he drew closer with an unbearable slowness, his boots reverberating in the silent room. His fingers twitched toward his gun, but he held back, savouring the fear that crept into her eyes.

Namjoon was the first to speak, his voice cold as ice. "You messed up, Jang. You stepped over a line you can't come back from. You honestly thought that allying with Joonwoo was how you'd get what you wanted, huh?"

The smile on Kim Jang's face faltered for a fraction of a second before she burst out laughing; her laughter felt something like sandpaper rubbing against the walls. "Oh, and do you think I'm scared of the likes of you two? Shit wrong. It was a brilliant plan that Joonwoo concocted, to cripple the Jeons and leave you picking up whatever was left. I only joined because, well..."

She flicks her eyes to Jimin with a twisted hint of obsession. "Fact was, Jungkook was always supposed to be mine. And then you had to ruin it, didn't you? How does it feel, Jimin, knowing he chose you over me?"

She knew

This leech fucking knew... about them.

Jimin's fingers curl around the trigger of his gun. His voice is a lethal whisper. "You think this is about jealousy? Do you think this is about a petty love triangle? You've always been a delusional psychopath."

Kim Jang's eyes darken with madness as she stands, facing Jimin with reckless confidence. "Maybe deluded. But I had it all figured out. The night Jungkook dumped me, I realised he was yours. It wasn't just business, was it? You two have been dancing that twisted dance for years. So, when I got the chance, I made sure to hit where it hurt."

Raggedly, she steps into Jimin's bubble. Deranged, she smiles widely. "The missed calls, the set-up...it was me. I gave Joonwoo everything he needed because I wanted you to suffer, Jimin. And guess what? I got to watch you spiral while Jungkook bled out."

A blaze of fury detonates within Jimin's chest; his calm shatters and the heartless mask of frigidity transforms into pure anger. "You seriously thought you had power over us? It just made it easier to wipe you out."

Namjoon tightens his grip on the hilt of his blade and itches at the hilt of his blade, rumbling all deadly-like on the voice in his throat. "You should have known better, Kim Jang. When you target Jungkook, you're targeting both of us. That was your first and last mistake."