CHAPTER 10

Hello sweetheart, I am sorry, if I created too much suspense in last, if you felt like dying on last one, then I can assure you, you will be in heaven, reading this one.

(And blame my roommate for the late chapter, she decided it's okay to let me sleep until lunch time, though I love caring she's doing)

__________________________

The door to the apartment bursts open violently, and Jimin storms in, his face a picture of anger. His eyes glare like embers, and his body is tight coiled with barely repressed violence. For a second, everything inside the apartment had frozen, only to suddenly ignite with the same taut awareness under the tension sparked by Jimin, when his eyes locked with standing Jungkook in the middle of the room.

It happens so quickly that Jungkook barely has the time to react before the first fist collides with his jaw in a punch that makes the room ring. Jungkook's head whipped back as the pain exploded on his face. He stumbled backward and crashed into a wall, the force of the blow leaving him disoriented. Sharp was the pain, but it is the rage in Jimin's eyes that cut sharper.

Jungkook's eyes widened as he struggled to regain composure, his features twisting in a pained grimace. He stumbled forward as he tried to form words through gritted teeth. "Jimin, baby, listen-"

But Jimin's anger has reached its boiling point, simmering over with lethal intent. Without hesitation, he draws a sleek, dark pistol from his coat, the motion fluid and practiced. The dim light catches the weapon's metallic surface, highlighting the intricate golden carvings that seem to pulse with a life of their own. The gun radiates a cold, merciless aura, the kind that promises only death. With a single, swift motion, Jimin presses the barrel against his temple, the chilling touch of steel sending a shiver down to Jungkook's spine. The threat is no longer just in the air-it's terrifyingly real.

The Park Jimin doesn't draw his gun lightly, but when he do, it's a prelude to death. Jungkook knows that.

The room crackles with electric tension. The plump, well-appointed furniture that once spoke of comfort and control now looms as grim reminders of a world that is collapsing around Jimin. It is a soft ambient light, much gentled by the heavy drapes at the windows, in very marked contrast to the harsh, ruthless reality of the gun's presence.

Jimin's hand shaking slightly, but not from fear; it's from the raw intensity of his emotions. His breathing comes in hard ragged gasps, his eyes zeroed in on Jungkook with a look that would turn the blood of anyone it met to ice. So much hatred and betrayal reflected in his eyes, one could almost feel it sear; much too deep was the anger, the violation.

Jungkook's face is a mask of grim resignation. He can hardly fight back, his mind racing as he surveys his options. The fear is there but mingled with the strained attempt to stay clam. He raises his hands slightly in a gesture of surrender, trying to show he's not a threat at this moment.

"Jimin, don't-" Jungkook tries to start, but his voice is curtailed by the sharp, unyielding pressure of the gun to his skin, now it is pressed above his adams apple.

The atmosphere around the apartment is heavy with animosity. Every sound is magnified. the muffled hum of the city outside, the clinking of dishes in a far-off apartment, the heavy breathing of both men. There is a suspended moment within the very cutting, very merciless silence, the only sound the clicking of the pistol safety.

Jimin's mind was overwhelmed with hurt, anger, betrayal, and heartbreak. An apartment that would have been comforting and full of warmth now served as the backdrop for where this confrontation was going to explode.

Jimin's eyes collided with Jungkook's, the air crackling between them with the intensity of this confrontation. The gun still pressed coldly to Jungkook's thorat, too incredibly icy, too close to remind them of the stakes. At that moment, all lines separating the past and the present, loyalty and treachery, seemed diffused, leaving only raw emotions, naked and plain-in imminent danger.