CHAPTER 6

Hello, My Precious. The author apologises for the delay; it wasn't quite a good day, so I took a little bit extra time. Well, I promise to give you guys a surprise; I promise if I can manage today, it will be today or if not, then tomorrow.

Let's dive in...
____________________

HOSTEL TRENDO, 8:30 PM

Jungkook and Kim Jang sit across from each other in a high-end restaurant, the soft glow of candlelight casting shadows over their faces. Jang is all smiles, her voice dripping with sweetness as she starts praising Jungkook.

“You know, Jungkook, you are something special. Not everyone can handle the kind of power and influence you have,” Jang says, her tone smooth but laced with insincerity.

Jungkook smiles politely, though his eyes betray his growing discomfort. “Thank you, Jang. I appreciate the compliment.”

Jang leans in, lowering her voice. “And let’s be honest, Jimin must be seething with jealousy. He always thought he was the top dog, but here you are, moving on and making waves.”

Jungkook’s jaw tightens. “Jimin has always been competitive. He doesn’t like losing, but that’s the nature of our world.”

Jang chuckles, her laughter tinkling like glass. “Well, it’s fun to see him squirm. I’ve heard that he’s been quite upset ever since you and I started seeing each other. I guess it’s nice to know I can be a little thorn in his side.”

Jungkook’s anger simmers beneath the surface. He had initially agreed to date Jang partly to get under Jimin’s skin, but hearing her belittle Jimin with derogatory remarks makes his blood boil. He glances at Jang, trying to mask his irritation.

“Isn’t it a bit petty to take pleasure in someone else’s discomfort?” Jungkook says, his voice strained.

Jang waves her hand dismissively. “Oh, come on. It’s just a bit of fun. He’s been a thorn in your side for years. I think it’s only fair to have a little revenge.”

Jungkook takes a deep breath; his internal struggle is evident. As he listens to Jang’s cruel remarks, he can’t help but feel guilty for allowing this situation to unfold.

“Jang, can we change the topic?” Jungkook says, his voice is cold. “I’d rather not discuss Jimin tonight.”

Jang raises an eyebrow, surprised by Jungkook’s sudden shift in tone. “Oh? Are you feeling sensitive about your rival?”

Jungkook forces a smile, trying to stay calm. “No, I just prefer not to dwell on it. Let’s focus on enjoying our evening.”

Before Jang can respond, the restaurant’s atmosphere is shattered by a commotion. Jimin, his face a mask of fury, storms into the private dining area. He grabs Jungkook’s collar, his eyes blazing.

“Where is she, Jungkook?” Jimin demands, his voice a dangerous growl.

Jungkook’s eyes widen in shock. “Jimin, what—” he stands up from the chair.

“I don’t have time for games,” Jimin interrupts, his grip tightening. “Mina is missing, and you’re going to tell me where she is.”

Jang, still oblivious to the gravity of the situation, smirks as she opens her mouth. “Oh, is this some kind of game? Did you think he’d know where your sister is?”

Jimin’s eyes flicker with anger, but he doesn't have time for this. He turns to Jungkook. “If he’s involved, I need to know now.”

Jungkook's irritation with Jang is growing. He nods sharply. “Jang, this is not the time. I need to deal with this situation. Please excuse us.”