CHAPTER 9

Hello sweetheart, here is your next one, enjoy.

___________________

JUNGKOOK'S APARTMENT - 7:56 PM

After having dinner, as casually walking through the apartment, Mina's eyes had been wandering over the furnishings in Jungkook's apartment all this time, some frown indecipherable to anyone is on her face. "You know," she murmurs into the sudden silence, softly darn near to herself.

She continues with a little louder voice, jungkook can hear, "if I didn't know better, I'd swear Jimin oppa had a hand in decorating this place. Everything about it. it just screams his style. The subtle colors, the perfect arrangement, even the way the air feels- his safe place, if he had any."

Jungkook stops, like he got frozen, just for a moment; there was a rush of memories running to his head like a tidal wave. Almost he could feel Jimin's presence in the room, as if the other man were there, arranging the cushions just so, choosing the art for the walls, making sure everything was all right. How terrifyingly perceptive Mina is, to be able to stumble upon the only secret he had really kept close to his chest. This is not just his apartment; this represents everything Jimin means to him.

Mina picks up the flicker in his expression, that flash of something in his eyes, and she pushes further. "But you two are rivals, right?" She tries to lighten her tone but cuts into it with a sharp edge, as if fitting the pieces of a puzzle together when they don't quite seem to fit. "It's just… odd, you know? It feels like this place is more his than yours."

She completes her sentence as she sits on sofa across jungkook.

Jungkook's heart pounds in his chest, but he won't let his face show it, it's buried deep inside. He won't let her see how much her words cut into him, like a knife digging in with the truth behind them. But Mina wasn't done.

She leans forward, and his eyes saw something in hers, which he can't place, pleading, desperation, hope. "I know you probably hate our family," she started, her voice quivering a little. "The Parks and the Jeons....., we're supposed to be enemies, right? But my brother.... Jimin.... he's not like us."

She doesn't have any idea why she suddenly feels like she is okay to have this talk with Jungkook, maybe everything is overwhelming or she wants to try anything that could help her brother. She can't let him get hurt. She is ready to beg for it.

She stops for a few moments , taking a breath, like she's trying to find the right words to explain what's actually in her heart. "He is different, Jungkook. He is... pure in a way that doesn't fit into our world. He doesn't show it, not to anyone, but I see it. I see how he really tries to keep it all from falling apart, how much he carries on those shoulders. He's always looking out for others, always trying to do right by everyone, even when it hurts him."

Jungkook listens, his chest tightening at every word. He's seen that side of Jimin too: that part of  Jimin which is caring and protective, the part that sacrifices everything for the people he loves. It's the side of Jimin,  Jungkook has always admired, the part that made him fall in love with the man, aside from the rivalry that should have kept them apart.

"I don't know why I'm telling you this," Mina says again, her voice now barely above a whisper. "Maybe it's because this place is bringing me emotions or maybe it's because... because I just can't bear it, can't bear the thought of him getting hurt. I love my brother, Jungkook, more than anything in this world."

Her voice cracks over the last word, and she looks up at him with eyes glistening from unshed tears. "So, if there is any way you can do this without hurting him, please. do it. He doesn't deserve more pain, not from you, not from anyone. He is a good person, though the world doesn't see it. He's been hurt enough."