CHAPTER 19

Hello, pretty people. Didn't I promise you a surprise with the updates? So here we are.

_________________

AFTER A FEW DAYS

JUNGKOOK'S APARTMENT -7:59 PM

The aroma of the delicious meal Jungkook is preparing fills the kitchen, but it all just fades away to the background the moment that Jimin comes in. He hears the first soft footsteps, then feels Jimin behind him—a magnetic pull that he's never been able to resist.

Without a fraction of a turn, Jungkook knows how Jimin's gaze trails down over him, then up, never interrupting—the burn too alive on the back of his neck. Comfort and desire spark between them like static, thickening the feel of the room with tension.

"Supposed to be resting," he murmurs, a teasing edge in his voice that continues stirring at the pot, a smirk playing at his lips. Already he knows what he's going to do. The game they've been playing for years, the push and pull, it's done now, and the reality of what they've both been denying is too raw, too real.

"I could say the same to you," Jimin said, his voice husky this time. There was something in his tone that made Jungkook shiver, his senses fluttering at the unhidden warmth. Jimin's fingers skimmed across his waist as he moved closer, his chest almost touching Jungkook's back. "But I couldn't sleep. and you're a distraction."

Finally turning around, Jungkook rests his back against the counter, and he meets his eyes. His own are dark and hungry but laced with something deeper. Jimin's pupils are blown wide as the air thickens with words yet unspoken, desires only half.

"What are we really, Jungkook?" Jimin's voice was but a whisper, yet it aged in years and held that trembling edge of vulnerability. "I told my family you're mine, but what does that truly mean for us? Are you ready for what this is?"

His gaze sharpens, his jaw clenching, and he steps one step closer to Jimin, crowding him against the counter. His hands slide up to Jimin's waist, fingers digging into the fabric of his shirt.

"I'm all  ready. I've been yours for longer than I'm willing to admit," Jungkook breathed, voice roughened by emotions clawing at him. "And if you think for one second I'll let anyone or anything come between us now, you're wrong, princess."

His words were only slightly more intense than the way he crashed their lips together, the kiss searing with unrestrained passion. It was neither soft nor slow; it was all-consuming like they were trying to get rid of every single moment they had held back.

Jimin moans into the kiss as his hands tangle in Jungkook's hair, pulling him impossibly closer as their tongues slide against each other, battling for control. It is sloppy, messy, full of teeth and hunger, but it is just right for both of them—no holding back, no barriers.

Jungkook tightens his grip on Jimin as he lifts him slightly to turn them around and seat him against the cold countertop. The cool surface compared to Jimin's heated skin has him shuddering, breath hitching. He feels Jungkook's hands slip under his shirt, fingertips grazing over his abs to his chest.

Jimin takes quick, short gasps of breath as Jungkook's lips move from his mouth to his jaw and then down to his neck, sucking hard enough to leave marks—territory claimed, boundaries set.

"I want everyone to see who you belong to," Jungkook growls out, his voice so thick with possession he bites down on Jimin's collarbone, drawing a desperate whimper from him. "I want them to know you're mine, and mine alone."

"Yours," Jimin breathes out, fingers tightening around Jungkook's shoulders, and he can almost feel himself get lost in the feeling of being devoured. He arches his back when Jungkook's mouth moves down, the fabric of his shirt dragged up and exposing even more skin.