CHAPTER 21

Hello, cutie pies; how are you doing? All well. I am running a little busy; if it's late to update, I am sorry. Well now I am here, let's give you the best...

____________________

The underground world is in an uproar; the rumours that spread like wildfire within the last couple of days quickly turned disbelief into a fervent discussion of the hottest topic among the major families, syndicates, and gangs of this city.

On the headlines running in this shadowy world, only one story can be seen: the heirs of two rivalling Mafia empires, Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook, are openly staking a claim on each other.

It's not heard of. Mafia bloodlines are fiercely loyal to their own, and the concept of two sworn enemies becoming lovers, let alone announcing it to the public, is just out of the question. And yet, that's just what they did.

The in-famously ruthless and self-disciplined Jeons are visibly shaken by it. It isn't a quiet, intimate affair. No, the youngest Jeon stands before his family's inner circle and, with a voice filled with conviction and unyielding strength, declares that Park Jimin is his. He asserts that anyone who has a problem with it will answer him personally.

The equally influential, dangerously ambitious Parks aren't too thrilled either. Being the strategist, Jimin does the best he can to prepare them. Their knee-jerk reactions run the gamut from outrage to suspicion. But Jimin's sharp, calculating gaze puts down every puny attempt to question his loyalty. He needs to say extremely little; his actions speak volumes.

Jimin isn't a fool; he's protected Jungkook when the stakes are highest, and everybody knows it now. His actions make the man he declares to be his own show a newfound level of respect towards him, and it solidifies their bond.

Word travels fast, and more infamous figures of the underworld are in turmoil, and even some are taken aback in respect. The relationship between Jimin and Jungkook is not a mere love affair; it is a power play. Both had clawed themselves out through their world, making a name not many could touch. Together, they are an unapologetically notorious couple.

The enemies and allies reconsidered their positions. Old rivalries, lingering apprehensions from old wars, and previous fixed agreements are all thrown into disorder. Smaller families and syndicates work feverishly to reposition themselves, uncertain of which side offers the most protection or the least destruction.

Throughout the following days, a few "reminders" are sent out by Jimin and Jungkook. There are subtle forces with shows of pure, unadulterated muscle. Suddenly, businesses under their control would be found to have extra protection, and rival operations would mysteriously find themselves the victim of sabotage.

Jungkook's alliances are die-hard, but even they're raising an eyebrow or two at his boldness. Of course, the little Jeon has never been soft in chasing down what he wants, but next-level this is.

People wonder what such a development could bode for the future. Peace, the conjoining of empires? Or the war on an unprecedented scale? Both men stake their claims, and it is clear things will never be the same again.

Every look, every tiny word, every small touch between them is raked over and accounted for. Behind closed doors rage intense negotiations, reassurances, and silent threats. Woe be to those who dare to cross him; Jimin and Jungkook's wrath is quick and unrelenting. An ironclad alliance sealed with both love and blood.

These power couples show that the underworld is not yet ready for them; this nicely fits the chessboard without an option but to adapt or be crushed under the weight of their combined force.

____________________

While all this running, the Disney parade is full of life, where kids are in a sprint running around in Mickey's ears, couples are strolling hand-in-hand, and the air is so full of magic. The subject of the talk is Min Yoongi, out of place, the infamous CEO of Min Entertainment bedecked in sunglasses, in a cool, nearly bored expression, his usual understated style, and can't quite believe he's here about to propose in the most cliché way imaginable.