Let's Not Make This Complicated

The following morning-Jack stirred, a less than subtle ache in his head reminding him of the drinks from the night before. He groaned slightly, rubbing his temples as he recalled the previous night's events.

Jack rolled over  and there was some pain from the roughness of last night. Jack was not complaining. He loved how well he was ravaged by Alex.

Jack looked over at the table- Alex was already awake, ordering breakfast through the phone with a gentle tone.

Jack sat up and yelped in pain a little.

Alex looked over at him. Worry evident in his features. Jack gave a soft smile to indicate he was ok. And Alex smiled softly back.

After a moment- Alex hung up the phone.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," Alex greeted, his voice warm and soothing.

He slid back into bed beside Jack, pulling the covers up and snuggling close. Jack shifted so he was lying on Alex's chest.

Alex didn't protest and in fact-  he welcomed Jack next to him.Alex was ecstatic they were able to cuddle in bed together.

"I ordered us breakfast. It should be here soon." Alex said softly as he started running his fingers through Jack's hair.

Jack managed a small smile, despite the pounding in his head.

"You're too sweet," Jack mumbled, turning to plant a soft kiss on Alex's chest.

"I really appreciate you taking care of me. I'm not feeling my best." Jack whined.

"Of course I want to take care of you," Alex replied, leaning down a little- pressing a gentle kiss to Jack's forehead.

Jack smiled warmly at the action.

"I'm your boyfriend after all," Alex added with a cheeky grin, a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

Jack giggled at the playfulness in his eyes. Jack chuckled, though it hurt his head a bit.

"Boyfriend, huh?" Jack said playfully.

The joke was only funny to them and them alone. An inside joke that only they understood the depth of.

Jack sighed after he laughed lightly.

"I guess we should probably talk about where we stand." Jack suggested.

Alex nodded, sensing Jack's nervousness. He reached down, taking Jack's hand in his own.

"Let's not make this complicated," Alex said softly.

Jack released a breath he didn't really realize he was holding.

"We just keep going as we have been, but now we know our feelings are real. No more pretending, no more faking it. Just us, being ourselves."Alex suggested gently.

Jack looked at Alex, the sincerity in Alex's eyes when their gazes met- was reassuring.

"I like that idea," Jack said. "No pressure. Just seeing where this goes."

"Exactly," Alex agreed.

"We only have a week left of the trip. Let's enjoy it and make the most of it. We can figure out the rest when we get home. Being alone there, away from everyone, will give us a better idea of what we really want." Alex concluded.

Jack nodded, feeling a weight lift off his shoulders.

"You're right. We can handle this." Jack paused.

"I'm pretty sure everyone already believes we're a couple. They all think we like each other... We were probably the last ones to figure it out." Jack concluded with a blush to his cheeks.