I Can't Wait

Alex was working his shift at the coffee shop, his phone vibrated in his pocket and he looked quickly- worried it was Erin's preschool messaging him.

Alex was in charge of pick up and drop off today as his mom had In- Service training for the school year.

He smiled softly when he saw a text from Jack.

While Alex has been staying with his parents. Jack has been staying in their on campus apartment-it has been a couple days since they saw each other. They have been texting everyday.  It's not always consistent but Jack and Alex both wanted to make sure the other felt important.

Alex is going back to campus in three days. Jack has been sticking to his promise of keeping his distance like Alex asked- until spring break was over.

Jack wanted to make sure Alex felt heard and understood.

Jack: Hey you. 😍 I know I said I could wait until you got back to campus... but I'm finding that I really can't. Would you want to go on a date with me this evening?

Alex looked at Mandy and he giggled- and told her he was going to break.

"Why are you all giggles?" Mandy asked amused.

"Jack texted me that he wants to take me on a date." Alex admitted giddily- with a blush as he typed a response to Jack

Mandy rolled her eyes.

"Ri and I were talking about you two and him and so seem to have different views." Mandy said apprehensively.

Alex sighed as he was typing. He paused to give Mandy his attention before he took his lunch break.

"Yeah I know... Rian and I are best friends ya know... he tells me you don't like Jack. And Rian also told me that he supports me giving him a second chance. So please. Spare me."  Alex said a little irritated- he was tired of justifying how he felt about Jack to her.

"Sorry Alex...I just care and don't want him hurting you again."  Mandy spoke truthfully.

Alex appreciated it but he still wanted her to respect his choice to start over with Jack. Alex has never felt this way about anybody and Alex couldn't help but feel like he would be stupid to let him go.

"I know. And thank you. But I need to find out what him and I can be." Alex explained.

Mandy nodded.

"Enjoy your break." Mandy said plainly..

Alex swiped his employee card at the register  and clocked out.  As he walked to his car to sit for his break- he responded to Jack.

Alex: Sorry I left you on Read- I was clocking out for break. 🙈

But as far as that date goes... I was kind of hoping you'd say something like that. I've been missing you...🥰

Jack: No worries! I knew you were at work- so so assumed you got busy.I'm glad you feel the same. 🥰
I'd really like to see you tonight. Are you free?

Alex sighed wistfully at the invitation.

Alex:I'm working at the coffee shop until four, and I need to pick up Erin from preschool and take her home- but after that, I'm all yours.

Jack: How about I pick you up at 7? Does that work?❤️

Alex: That sounds perfect. ❤️
So... what's the plan for tonight's little date?

Jack:I can't ruin the surprise of our first real date! Besides, our last "first" date was literally a trip to the Bahamas... kind of hard to top that one. 🤣