Chapter 5

The meditation chamber was serene, its walls bathed in the soft glow of ambient light. Master Norrin and Elara were alone, the usual hum of the Temple's bustling life replaced by the silence of focused concentration. Master Norrin's eyes were calm, his demeanor stern yet supportive as he guided Elara through her latest exercise.

Elara sat cross-legged, her focus unwavering as she tried to lift her lightsaber using only the Force. She had succeeded in moving a pouch of credits previously, but this task was proving to be more challenging. Her brow furrowed in concentration, sweat mingling with the strain evident on her face.

"Remember, Elara," Master Norrin's voice cut through the silence, "it's not just about raw power. It's about control and precision. You must channel your energy effectively."

Elara's effort intensified, her face flushing with the effort as she strained against the invisible weight. Suddenly, her concentration faltered as a sharp pain pierced her senses. She felt a trickle of warmth on her upper lip, which she ignored at first. But as she continued, the blood began to flow freely, staining her beige robes and splattering the floor.

Master Norrin's gaze softened momentarily, though his voice remained firm. "Perhaps this isn't your strongest attribute at the moment. You need to practice more to master this skill. It's important for your training and for passing the trials to become a Jedi Knight."

Elara, feeling a mix of frustration and exhaustion, accepted the cloth Master Norrin handed her to wipe the blood from her face. She nodded, acknowledging his guidance and determination to improve despite the setback. She refocused and attempted the exercise again. This time, the lightsaber hovered slightly but remained out of reach, reflecting her fatigue and the strain she had endured.

Seeing the continued blood flow and recognizing her need for rest, Master Norrin decided to end the session early. "Take a break, Elara. You need to calm yourself. I sense you are anxious. We will try again another time."

Elara stood, her face and robes now soaked in crimson. She thanked Master Norrin, her voice steady despite the discomfort. As she exited the chamber, she attempted to clean the blood from her clothes and face.

As she walked down the corridor, absorbed in her thoughts and ignoring the curious glances from passing Jedi and Padawans, she collided with someone. She looked up to see Master Yord Fandar, his gaze filled with concern. The collision had transferred some of the blood onto his chest.

Master Yord's voice was gentle but filled with curiosity. "Elara, what happened?"

She took a moment to steady herself, her cheeks flushed from both the physical exertion and embarrassment. "Training. I... I was practicing with the Force, and it went a bit awry."

Master Yord's eyes softened as he looked at her. Without hesitation, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a clean cloth. Gently, he began to wipe the blood from her face, starting with her stained cheeks. His touch was careful and considerate, and as he moved down to her upper lip and chin, he followed the trail of blood with steady hands.

As he reached her neck and approached the entrance of her robe, Master Yord paused, a subtle realization dawning on him. His touch lingered for a moment before he retracted his hand, a faint blush coloring his cheeks as he noticed the intimate proximity of his action. He quickly pulled back, his eyes meeting hers with a mix of apology and concern.

"Forgive me," Master Yord said softly, handing her the cloth. "I didn't mean to overstep. You should get some rest."

Elara took the cloth with a nod, her face flushed from the physical strain and the unexpected closeness. "Thank you, Master Yord. I'll be fine. I just need to clear my head."

Elara let out a shaky sigh, trying to steady her breath as Master Yord's touch lingered near her neck. She held her breath, the close proximity and his gentle touch stirring a mixture of relief and unease within her.

As they parted ways, Elara couldn't shake the lingering warmth from the encounter. She continued down the corridor, feeling both the weight of her struggles and the unexpected comfort from Master Yord's care.

Master Yord's gaze lingered on his right hand, the one that had touched Elara's blood-stained skin. His fingers twitched slightly at the memory of the warmth and softness he had felt. He let out a deep sigh, trying to dispel the unfamiliar and unwelcome feelings stirring within him. "Was it nervousness or...?" he wondered to himself, unable to fully articulate the emotion.

With a resigned shake of his head, he made his way to the mess hall, seeking to distract himself among other Jedi. As he entered, several of his peers noticed the blood stains on his fingers and the small splotch on his chest.

One of them pointed out, "Master Yord, you seem to have had an eventful day. What happened?"

Yord glanced down at the stains, his thoughts momentarily drifting back to Elara, before he forced a casual smile. "Just a bit of an incident during training. Nothing to worry about."

He joined the group, trying to focus on conversation and not on the unexpected stirrings of his emotions.

The Jedi around him exchanged curious glances, but the conversation quickly shifted to lighter topics. Yord attempted to immerse himself in the discussion, though his thoughts occasionally wandered back to the meditation chamber and Elara.

As he listened, he could still feel the faint trace of blood on his hand, a tangible reminder of their brief, intimate contact. The touch of her skin lingered in his mind, and he found himself distracted by the memory of her flushed cheeks and the intensity of their encounter. He shook his head subtly, trying to refocus on the conversation.

Suddenly, one of the Jedi at the table, a fellow Knight named Jorin, leaned over and said, "You look a bit off today, Yord. Everything alright?"

Yord forced a chuckle, masking his discomfort. "Just one of those days, Jorin. Training can be demanding, and it seems I got a bit more involved than expected."

Jorin raised an eyebrow but nodded, accepting the vague explanation. "Well, we all have those days. Just make sure you're not pushing yourself too hard."

As the conversation continued around him, Yord's thoughts drifted back to Elara. He hoped she was doing alright after their encounter. Despite the bustling activity in the mess hall, he felt a sense of lingering unease, his focus intermittently drawn to the lingering feelings he was trying to ignore.