•Chapter Four•

Chapter Four

August 23rd

I woke up the next day with the sun shining against my face. I stretched my arms; at the same time, I stretched my legs, making the usual weird noises. Today would be a bright morning just as it is every other morning if it weren’t for the crappy night I had last night.

After the status post, Stacy came back and denied everything. She called me a straight up lying bitch who doesn’t have a better use of my life than to bully her. I felt like crying at that point. Not from sadness, or the fact that everyone was ‘bullying’ me, but the frustration I was feeling. I was doing everything I can to make these people believe both Niall and I were innocent, but nothing I was saying was doing any good. Eventually, I had decided to give up and just let it be. No matter what I was saying was helping, so why dig myself a deeper grave?

My phone buzzed from the nightstand next to my bed. I reached over and unplugged it from the charger and checked to see what notification was sitting in my notifications bar. Turns out, someone else had commented on my status. I clicked on it to see who it was and see if it was just another hate comment.

Surprisingly, Chelsea had commented on it.

Chelsea: You all need to leave Allie alone. I was there, I was a witness. Even Stacy mentioned it herself a few times. It’s true - Stacy did say she wanted to ditch Allie and get Niall ditch Allie too. I didn’t respond because Allie did hear what Stacy said, and stood up for herself. Allie did the right thing, and Niall was sticking up for a FRIEND. Something best friends usually do. I don’t understand why you all are hating on them. They’re the innocent ones. If you want someone to hate on, why don’t you hate on the attention-whore, Stacy? Hate on her, not Allie. Remember, you’re hating on a girl who used to be DEAF because of a car accident, someone who doesn’t have any family members. Have some fucking respect.

Immediately, I pressed ‘like’ on her comment. I was blown away by what she said. I would love to say ‘thank you’ to her, but whenever I would comment anything, it would all backfire. I’ve learned to just keep quiet and take it all silently.

I decided to get up for the day instead of just lying around. After picking around in my closet, I decided on a golden yellow blazer, a black tank that had golden studs in the shape of a skull, and a pair of light, ripped skinny jeans matched with skull earrings, and an owl necklace that Christina bought for me at Forever 21. If I would go anywhere today, I would wear my silver-studded combat booties.  

I took my phone with me as I headed downstairs to get some breakfast. On my way down, my phone started buzzing. I looked down to see Niall was calling and quickly answered it.

“Hey, Niall,” I greeted him, “What’s up?”

“Hey... I’m getting all sorts of hate on Twitter and it kind of involves you and your friend Stacy. I’ve seen the name Chelsea mentioned a couple of times. Do you mind telling me what’s going on?”

“Shit!” I cursed loudly, “It’d gone past my facebook? Shit, shit, shit. Niall, I am so sorry. Stacy posted on my wall on Facebook last night. Basically, she pin-pointed the blame on me. She said that I dropped her as a friend for no good reason, that I was a bitch to her and made you hate her. She was saying all these things, and I got mad and just put up a status telling the truth. Everyone started to comment on it, saying I was a liar after Stacy did and.. It just got out of hand, Niall. I am so sorry it reached you. I didn’t think it would. I mean, it was small, and it wasn’t that bad, and...”

“Okay, Allie,” Niall interrupted me with a firm voice, “I’m going to stop you right there. It’s not your fault, so you don’t need to apologize. Got that so far?”