Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

September 15

I walked through the front door, following Niall into the living room. It was nearing six o'clock and we had just decided to bring back Louise after explaining to her the whole history behind me being deaf, and her being in foster care. To say she was disappointed with the government was an understatement. She was infuriated that the government wouldn't let me take care of her because I was simply "deaf".

After a while, we had gone to the ice cream shop and had fed ourselves some of the richest and sweetest ice cream available in the shop. Louise, of course, received a stomach ache from the ice cream and we laid down in the park's grass to settle down her stomach ache. Then we decided to bring Louise home after her stomach settled down.

"Louise is such a sweetheart," Niall commented as he slipped his feet out of his shoes and plopped down on the couch.

I nodded my head, completely agreeing with Niall. I sat down next to Niall on the couch, and leaned my head on his shoulder. "She is."

I felt Niall's lips press against my forehead. I sighed quietly and leaned into his side. It was a perfect night to end today. I had the chance to see my little sister with Niall as well. I got a chance to see what Niall would be like with kids. I got time to spend with the two people I love the most in this world - my boyfriend and little sister. In complete honesty, that's all I could ever ask for.

"Princess," I heard Niall mumble from my neck.

"What is it?" I whispered quietly, still trying to enjoy the complete silence.

I felt Niall stir in silence beside me. I pulled away from him to look at him. He looked the same as he did five minutes ago. Not a thing has changed except the light pinkish tint in his cheeks and the flustered expression on his face.

"Niall, what's the matter?" I sat up straight.

"I just, uh, have this interview tomorrow," Niall stammered, his Irish accent coming out strong.

"Niall," I said slowly, "what is it?"

Suddenly, Niall turned to me, his blue eyes wide and unusually bright yet curious. Caught off guard, Niall pecked his lips softly on mine before blurting out, "Do you mind if I officially announce our relationship during our interview if it's asked about, which I'm pretty sure it will?"

I chuckled under my breath and leaned forwards, softly pressing my lips against Niall's. I let myself linger there for a couple seconds longer than necessary before pulling away to nod and tell him, "Of course, Niall. I don't mind, honest."

"You sure? I mean, you don't think it's too soon for us?"

I laughed quietly. "Not really, Niall. I think things are going perfectly for us. I can see this continuing further down the road. And how long have we known each other, Niall? Honestly, do you think it's too soon?"

He shook his head. "Nope, not at all. Come on, I'm tired. Let's go to bed."

Niall pulled me up from our spot on the couch. Together, we headed towards his bedroom after we changed into a pair of pajamas. Me in a pair pastel yellow shorts and a grey t-shirt and him in a pair of dark navy blue sweats and a tank, we climbed in the same bed together. My back was facing him, and he was facing my back. He had his arm wrapped around my waist while our hands were entwined. I could feel his warm chest against my back. I sighed quietly and welcomed everything as I slowly fell asleep.

The last thing I heard before falling asleep was Niall's voice in my ear saying, "I'm so glad we're together, Allie-boo."

Sometime later, I felt Niall's lips press against mine and a faint Irish voice tell me, "I'll be back later love, I have an interview to go to today."