The Looting Spree

Hruday looked at Roy, then back at Tyler, and sighed. "Ahh."

Before Roy or Hruday could think of an answer, Tyler chimed in, "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone," he said with a wink. "Besides, you deserve it, man. It's just a useless tablet. Don't worry, I was just pulling your leg."

Sophia, curious, asked, "Isn't that addictive like nicotine?"

Hruday shook his head. "No, it's not. Also, it's not the nicotine that actually harms you; it's the other stuff in the cigarette."

Roy, intrigued, said, "Then does that mean nicotine is good?"

Hruday quickly clarified, "No, no. It's like a strong, addictive coffee. But even I don't know if it's good or not, to be honest. That's why I haven't tried it. But there are people who use nicotine gum and eat one-sixth of a gum for focus. But this is like a rabbit hole you might slip into drug usage. Whatever."

Hruday addressed the group, "We've done our homework. It's time to move." They went back using the zip line.

Hruday said, "Gather everything you can carry. We'll head to the church and set up there. Even though we've cleared a few zombies that were inside, remember, stay alert, and stick together."

As they moved through the empty streets, the eerie silence was both a relief and a source of anxiety. Hruday couldn't shake the feeling that something was off, but he pushed forward, determined to secure a safer future.

He then signaled the van and small truck to move. He opened the church gate. "Get in. We'll take care of the corpses later. Just don't touch them." That was it—they all ran towards the shop and assumed formation as a few stragglers came, taking care of a few dozen at most.

Almost everyone was on outside collecting the goods killing few left over zombies; only a few stayed inside the church to make space and take the goods that were going to get transported. This time, everyone had to participate. Hruday felt they could loot entire streets.

Suddenly, he felt goosebumps opening the gate and wondered, Why am I feeling this? Then he thought, Why were there only a few stragglers? He thought again, *No, no, it's not that. Why do I feel so anxious?* Then he remembered. He quickly shouted, "Don't open the church door!"

They stopped right there as Hruday quickly flashed the mirror towards the building. Sophia, looking at him in confusion, screamed, "What?"

Hruday pointed at the church and showed an X mark. Understanding, she quickly called everyone. Hruday ran outside to bring a big car.

What Hruday had failed to realize was the mention of church survivors that they had blocked a part of the church and that part was connected to the auditorium and had an open gate.

His heart was racing because the auditorium had a function that meant zombies. Feeling doomed, he screamed, "What are you guys doing there? Run here!" But it was too late as he heard the screams of zombies. He quickly asked the driver to move faster.

go go go!!!

As zombies were pouring in, the SUV crushed them and blocked the small entrance that was connected to the auditorium, but now they were trapped.

Hruday was feeling too anxious as he feared being trapped inside a car while zombies were trying to get in was exactly the situation that he didn't want to get into.

"Fuck, fuck!"

The situation grew more intense as other group members sprang into action to help. Despite the chaos, no one died. Hector scolded them for panicking and running away, reminding them to stay focused and efficient.