Chapter 3.

Paris, 1832

A knock sounded on Christine's door.

"Coming!" She called out and made her way to open the front door.

"What are you doing today?" Enjolras stepped inside the door as soon as she opened it.

"Nice to see you too." She greeted sarcastically.

"Nice to see you." He rolled his eyes, "Now what are you doing."

"Nothing, why?" She replied.

"Come on. I'm taking you to meet my friends at the café." He told her.

"Oh, okay! Can I at least get my stuff?" She asked and Enjolras nodded.

Christine then disappeared into the bedroom and comes out a few moments later dressed in the same blue pinafore from yesterday and her hair pulled back the same way.

Enjolras stares at her mesmerising beauty.

Christine grabs her pouch of money before grabbing her friends arm and dragging him out the front door and locking it behind her.

When the pair arrived the café, Enjolras leads Christine up the stairs into a separate room where she could hear loud voices speaking inside.

The boy opens the door and lets the girl walk in before closing the door behind them and leading her further in.

"Christine these are my friends." He tells her and they all look to the new guest.

Suddenly, Christine is crowded by a large group of students.

"Alright, alright. Boys let her breathe." A higher pitched voice calls through the crowd. The boys part for the owner of the voice to walk through, a girl around Christine's age grabs her by the hand and pulls her out the see of boys.

"I'm Éponine." The girl introduces herself and stuck out a hand for Christine to shake.

Christine smiles and takes her hand, "Christine."

Suddenly, the door is flung open to reveal a short, older lady with dark that was greying at the roots.

"Oh! You must be Christine!" She exclaims, rushing over to the girl and capturing her in a bone crushing hug, "Enji talks so fondly of you!"

"Madame H!" Enjolras speaks, "Let her breathe."

"Right. Sorry about that dearest." She releases the girl from the hug and says, "It's just so unusual for Enji to be interested in a girl for once."

Christine smiles at the woman and said, "It's quite alright. No need to apologise."

"Oh it's just so lovely to meet you!" She said as she kissed the girls cheek.

She then left and Christine joined Enjolras' side.

"She seems lovely, Enji." She giggles as he glares back at her.

"Don't you dare call me that again." He tries to be assertive but Christine just laughs even harder.

God, this girl made Enjolras feel a way he never felt before. The feeling he felt for her was new and it scared him but it also excited him. He just didn't know if she felt same way. So, for now, he kept his mouth shut.

Later on, Madame H had reappeared with some other waitresses who sat on one side of the room with Christine and Éponine whilst the boys talked amongst themselves at the other side of the room.

"So. What's up with you and Enjolras?" Éponine asked.

"What do you mean?" Christine asked, confused on what the girl was implying.

"Oh, come on! You definitely like him! And he likes you back." She says to her new best friend.

Christine laughs, "No I don't. And he probably doesn't feel that way either."

"I know love when I see it. And you and Enjolras have it. I've never seen him so happy." Éponine  said, "You bring out the best in him."

"I don't know." Christine sighed, "I vowed never to love again because it always ends with my heart broken."

"I get what you mean but I'm telling you, Enjolras is the one." Éponine tells her friend.

Christine:
If there's a prize for rotten judgement
I guess I've already won that
No man is worth the aggravation
That's ancient history, been there, done that.

Éponine + Waitresses:
Who d'you think you're kidding?
He's the earth and heaven to you
Try to keep it hidden
Honey we can see right through you
Girl you can't conceal it
We know how you're feeling
Who you're thinking of.

Christine:
No chance, no way I won't say it, no, no

Éponine + waitresses:
You swoon, you sigh, you deny it oh oh

Christine:
It's too cliché I won't say I'm in love
I thought my heart had learnt it's lesson
It feels so good when you start out
My head is screaming "get a grip girl"
Unless you're dying to cry to heart out

Éponine + waitresses:
Girl you can't deny it
Who you are is how you're feeling
Baby we're not buying
Hon, we saw you hit the ceiling
Face it like a grown up,
When you gonna own up
That you got got got it bad

Christine:
No chance no way I won't say it no no

Éponine + waitresses:
Give up, give in

Éponine:
Check the grin you're in love

Christine:
This scene wont play I won't say I'm in love

Éponine + waitresses:
We'll do it until you admit you're in love

Christine:
You're way off base I won't say it
Get off my case I won't say it

Éponine + waitresses:
Girl don't be proud it's okay you're in love

Christine:
At least out loud I won't say I'm in love