Dead Man Dating

I don't know if I'll reach up to season 4 knowing that Philip's bright  personality won't be the same after Prue passes away .

Manor. Kitchen. Piper is there putting birthday invitations inside envelopes while Philip just shakes his head at her while making a peanut butter sandwich. Just then  Phoebe walks in.

Philip : Morning Phoebe.

Phoebe: Good morning. (She notices the invitations.) What are you doing? Prue's coming down. Put that away.

Piper: Phoebe, you were supposed to send these invitations last week, the party is Friday.

Phoebe: We're right on schedule. The restaurant is reserved, the menu selected, the cake has been ordered.

Piper : and why aren't you helping me with sending the invitations?

Philip : one , you know nothing cuts in between me and my sandwich time . Second you know Prue hates surprises and I learnt my lesson .

When he was 14 he had played the mistake of trying to give her a surprise and that did not end well for him. Prue rarely got mad at him but that week she gave him the silent treatment and the stink eye .  Since then , he learned not to try and give her a  surprise again.

Philip only watched as his sisters his the invitations in a drawer. Piper seems annoyed by his lack of enthusiasm .

Piper : if you don't want to participate in planning tell me you atleast got her something .

Philip takes a bite of his sandwich .

Philip mouthful : of course I did.

Phoebe : Ewh. Don't talk with your mouth full.

Piper turns her attention to the oldest of the younger .

Piper : FYI I already did all of that. tell me you've managed to buy Prue something other than your traditional birthday gift.

Phoebe: What's my traditional gift?

Philip: A card.

Piper : that comes in  three days late.

Phoebe: Yeah, well, I decided to break that tradition and start a new one.

Philip and Piper glanced  at each other before looking back at Phoebe.

Piper: You bought Prue a gift? Where'd you get the money to pay for it?

Prue walks in, Piper and Phoebe act casual while Philip's entire focus is on the sandwich he's enjoying .

Prue: Morning.

Philip : morning .

Phoebe: Good morning. Hey, I forgot to ask; how was your date with Andy?

Prue: Great, until he asked me to spend my birthday at a spa with him.

Phoebe: (sarcastic) Oh, I hate when they do that.

Philip snickered. But really why did Prue make it seem a birthday at a spa was a bad thing. He would be jumping for joy if any of them organized a spa trip for his birthday.