~•°🌖Chapter Two🌔°•~

Kyle waltzed onto Dylan's porch on a sunny Friday afternoon and knocks on the door. A sad aura surrounded the boy. He felt like a kicked puppy, crawling back to his owner.

Thier last day together.

Dylan and Kyle had been friends for two years now. Kyle was already in love, and completely certain of it. Dylan's Mother opens the door, her husband following from behind her. Carrying a box.

Behind her parents, a crying Dylan. Her tears streamed face sobbed at the sight of her best friend that she would miss dearly in her time away.

She runs into his arms and hugs him close, like he would drift away. When in all reality, she was the one leaving, and Kyle would stay put until she came home.

"Kyle. I don't want to move. Nobody will like me and I'm gonna miss you too much..." She cries into his shoulder loudly. He takes pride in knowing that only he can comfort her like this.

"Shh, it's ok, we will visit and write all the time. Just remember, you are MY Dyl Pickle. Don't ever forget that. And don't worry. It's only three years."

The big lasts a good few minutes, before Dylan's parents usher the two I into the backyard so they can spend thier last moments together.

The two run to the back yard, obeying the request to spend time on their swing set. Kyle sits on the swing, Dylan following after him, and sits on his lap, leaning against his chest.

This was a regular thing, as they do this all the time, but this time was sweeter....more endearing..more sentimental.

It all started when there was only one swing left on the playground at school and they both wanted to swing.

So, Dylan being clingy and wanting to get her way, made a comfortable seat in Kyle's lap.

Ever since then they never fought over the swings. They liked to swing together. The silly little fights they got into seemed silly with thier innocent solution.

"I'm gonna miss you... You're the only friend I've ever had. I wish I could stay. I don't know what I'm gonna do without you." Dylan bites back her tears and hugs her best friend close.

"We need to call and talk every day. I'll steal my Mom's phone whenever I can. You steal your Mom's phone. We will call each other all the time even if I have to do stuff to get it. Even lock myself in my room." She finishes. Kyle was gonna miss her too, no doubt about it.

He had to be strong for her, give her a brave face. If it didn't affect him that much, maybe it would rub off. He just had to make her feel better.

Kyle lets go of the swing chains and hugs her, resting his cheek against her head. "I will. I'm gonna miss you too Dyl pickle..."

A few hours later, Dylans Mom calls her and the two best friends were forced to part.

Dylan hangs out of the window and waves. She gives him a smile, even though it's forced, and retreats back into the cat.

Then. She's gone. For three years. And all Kyle could to is wait. All he could do was cry every day that he didn't have her in his arms.