Chapter Twenty-Seven

I was jamming to some random classic rock station, eating the candy bar I got for myself.

I look down for just a second, and open it.

Once it's open, I take a bite and look in front of me, and scream in surprise.

A giant wolf, that looked sort of like a husky. Kyle? No. He was still in jail.

I push on the breaks as fast as I could, and slammed forward, almost hitting my head on the wheel.

I take the keys out and push my hair back sighing, and looking for any signs of the wolf who would probably be road kill if I did look up in time.

I start the car up once more, after I see no signs of the wolf.

As I am putting the car in drive, the roof dents in with a large impact, and I scream again.

The weight comes off, and I look behind me, and ahead of me, to my left and finally to my right.

All of the sudden Kyle is in my window......Butt naked.

I scream again, and cover my eyes.

He walks to the passenger side and hops into the car. I take my jacket and throw it at him screaming, "COVER YOUR JUNK!" As he chuckles at me.

He just covers himself up and looks at me.

I just stare at him. He looks at me and starts making motions.

"You made the roof cave in you idiot!" I say.

He put a his hands up, and with one tiny push, he pops it back in place.

I look at him in awe, and he rolls his eyes.

"Start driving home!" He says to me seeming tired.

"Why didn't you call me sooner!" I yell at him.

"Why are you naked, and how are you out of jail?" I say.

"One, I shifted, and my clothes shredded, so when I shifted back I had no clothes on, two I broke out. But don't worry, I scared them so bad they think that my wolf killed me." He says in a nonchalant way.

"That still doesn't explain why you didn't call me sooner." I say.

"Somebody kept ignoring my calls." He says looking at me expectantly.

Well I did get 4 unknown number calls......Oops.

I sigh in embarrassment and try to change the subject. "So where are you gonna go? They are going to tell your brother your dead, and you live with him right?" I ask him.

He shakes his head scoffing.

"As if I would live with that demon!" He says loudly.

I sigh and there is an awkward silence.

I look at him and give him a small smile.

"You wanna know who my mate is?" He says.

My heart sinks more, but I had to be happy for him.

"Describe her for me." I say.

He sighs.

"Well, she's the love of my life. She has chocolate brown eyes, and nice brown hair, she's funny, she's smart, in her own way, she is hopeful, easily amused, a believer, my best friend and my mate." He says softly.

I nod my head and smile a little. "I would be her friend." I say.

"Well that wouldn't work, beings she's you." He says to me nonchalantly.

I jerk on the breaks.

I look down in my lap and my heart starts beating a million times per second.

I look at him with a pitiful smile and tears in my eyes.

"Its me?" I say with both relief, and surprise in my voice.

I sounded pitiful.

"Yes Dylan, it's you." He says.

I let out a cry of relief and jump into his lap and burying my face in his neck.

He chuckles and holds me close.

"I thought that I couldn't have you, and it made me sick to my stomach to think of you with someone else, and I guess I know why now." I say hugging him.

I stop crying and look at him.

"You love me?" I ask him. He nods his head and I kiss him right then and there.

All of the sudden memories come back to me. Us being friends, and why we hated Kane.

I pull back.

"This is Kane's fault. I should've never trusted that he would get you out of there." I say with my hands in his hair.

His face grows grim.

"That's why I'm going to kill him.