Chapter Seventeen

After Kyle left, my heart felt empty for some reason. I clench my chest and go downstairs. I get a glass of water, head back to my room, and decide to go to sleep. It was much needed, but I couldn't get my eyes to stay shut or my brain to turn off so I grab my laptop and decide to listen to some songs. I remembered my aunt saying she loved the song Burning House by Cam, and she wanted me to learn it. It states as a guitar plucking. I listen a few times and slightly whisper just to get the lyrics down, and after about an hour, I feel my eyes start to droop. I close my laptop and lay down, having a troublesome sleep.

The dream

I felt happy. I was waiting for something, but I didn't know what. We stop at.....My house? And I feel this happy jolt of completeness. I open the door and hear my name. It is far away, but it gets closer and closer, and then......I wake up.

END OF DREAM

I wake up and groan. The main reason I despise school is the unnecessary times to get to school.It is a fact, that your brain doesn't start functioning properly, to where you think straight, until 10:00 Am. Then you have no excuses for being out of common sense for the rest of the day until it is the normal bedtime. So school has no point in the morning.

One of the first thoughts I have is whether or not I was going to see Kyle today. I shake my head and stressful run a hand through my extremely tangled hair. I stand up and run to the shower, quickly taking it and running downstairs grab a poptart and quickly start walking to school. I do NOT want a repeat of yesterday.

I mean I probably looked like a drenched blobfish. And those things are not attractive at all. When I get there I put my head down and try to walk through the halls unnoticed. But when has my life ever had good luck?

I ended up bumping into someone.

"Ugh! You B****! You ruined my eyebrows!"
I look up and gasp.

Oh poo. Just my luck. I had a successful year of avoiding her so far, and I ruin her eyebrows. I am talking her left eyebrow looked like it had a date with chocolate. And chocolate smacked it in the face.

"I-im so so sorry!" I stutter out. I was truly terrified.

"Why don't you say that to my eyebrow? Oh wait. You can't because it's ruined!"

She then let's out a tantrum scream and stomps her heel clad feet. She was acting like a toddler.

"Well maybe your eyebrows are ruined because a toddler drew them on." I hear someone say.

I look around. I pale. We where the only ones in the hallway.

I said it.

"What did you just say to me?" She says her face turning red.

"Oh, sorry. Your a toddler. I forgot.
I said, maybe your eyebrows are messed up because a tantrum throwing toddler drew. Them. on." With that. I walk to class with an infuriated Barbie doll left behind.

I was dead. I just told off the queen bee. I quickly ran to my class, not in a good mood.

I ran into a brick wall and I hurt my nose.

"Well hello!" I looked up and a boy with blonde hair and brown eyes looked down at me.

"I am Kane."