Chapter Twenty-Six

Three weeks. It has been three weeks since I saw Kyle in the cell.

I had been going about in my business, my heart sinking further and further into depression as I thought of Kyle with another girl.

All of the sudden, in the middle of my sullen thoughts my phone rings.

I pick it up and answer.

"Hello? Dylan speaking." I say politely into the phone.

"Dylan thank god, I thought I would never hear your voice again." He says with relief.

"Then why didn't you just come talk to me, or come over, or ACTUALLY show up to school." I say to him.

"Well for one, I haven't got out of jail yet and two, this is the first time you had answered your phone. I tried your cell, but that did t work so I did the home phone." He says.

My eyes widen. "But Kane......" I trail off. I burn with anger and slam the phone down.

I run up to my room and grab my floor board ripping it up, and grabbing all of the money no saved running to the police station.

I go to the front desk.

"I am here to post bail for Kyle Holden." I say to her.

She nods and types in the computer.

She looks at me confused. "Um, Kyle Holden isn't in this precinct anymore. He was moved upstate." She says.

"I will get that information for you so you can go there." I nod my head and start to think.

I should have never trusted Kane to post his bail, now that I think of it, he probably transferred him when I thought he was bailing him out.

She hands me the papers and i groan. This would he forever of a drive.

I needed a car.

I walk out of the building and pull out my phone asking my mom if she would loan me her car, and she accepted the offer, as long as I got her some chocolate on my way back.

I to the house walked onto the porch and took my mom's keys from her.

I kissed her cheek telling her bye and hopping into the car, and driving to the location Kyle was at.

I stopped at the local supermarket, and go to one of the registers picking out a candy bar for my mother. Had to get it done before I forgot.

I place it down and started to fiddle with my fingers as I waited.

"Hey Dylan." I look up to meet the eyes of Tray.

I smile.

"Hey. How long have you worked here for?" I asked her.

She laughs a little and answers.

"Just started today. So what are you up to?" She says taking my cash and putting it in the register.

"Gotta go post bail for Kyle, and I gotta get going, long drive. See you at school kay'" I say. She nods and waves and I wave back.

Once I get it the car, I get in and start to drive to the long destination.

Sort of a filler chapter. Next chapter gets spiced up.