Chapter Five

Dedicated to SusanMarieMaymi for leaving nice comments and voting on every chapter.

Kyle's POV

I sink to my knees on front of my four year old brother. How could he? He killed our family because of a rank? Does he think I wanted to be Beta? I was born first so naturally I was the Beta. I let one tear slip. I then stand up once more. I point and give out orders to go home and rest. We need to train tomworrow. Kane was gone by now.

I now realize, love is weakness. My family is dead and now, I'm so broken I can't be fixed. All of know is that I need Dylan right now. I then start running. My face blank. I run to her house. I can't break down yet. Not until I have Dylan in my arms. I knock on the door and run my hands through my hair. It was real l y late, but I didn't care. Dylan's dad opens the door. As soon as he sees me he looks confused. Realization hits and he opens the door wider. I step in and rush up the stairs. I open her room and see her sleeping just how I left her. I approach her and shake her shoulder. She stirs and wakes up. "What are you doing here Kyle? What's wrong?" She asks holding her weight on her elbows. "Can you please just hold me right now. Please?" I say my voice cracking. She then wakes up fully and sits back. Once she is adjusted, she holds her arms out and I fall in and start to sob. I sob for my lost family. My baby brother. My pregnant mother. My father. My pack. All I know is Dylan is all I have and I need her more than anything. I hug her waist with my head on her stomach and she just strikes my hair and rubs my back soothingly. I calm down and she just mutters words that are barely audible, but i still hear her. "Just go to sleep." And I do.