Chapter Thirteen

"Just hold me please." He sobs into my abdomen and hugs me, pitiful sobs escaping his drooling lips. I had never seen him so broken before. My best friend.....

I wake up with a jolt. Those dreams, I have them every night, but they are always different. Always. And they don't feel like dreams at all. It feels like......It was real. The voice in my dreams. I have heard it before. It always calms me and then I wake up. I roll out of bed and get up. I do all the morning essentials and get dressed.

I throw my fresh brushed hair in a bun and rush downstairs. Didn't take a shower today because I took one yesterday after school. I go and get my grey Vans on, which is accompanied by my grey shirt with no sleeves and has buttons going up and a pair of plain blue skinny jeans.

I go down to the kitchen and then stop in my tracks. "Um..... Mom? Why is he here?"

She turned and smiled. She gave me the look. I am going to get a talk about how I didn't tell her but she knew something was up. Sigh. I hate those talks. "Well Kyle here, says you are friends at school and would like to take you. But he did get a few questions. And I am a lie detector. So I know."

I just gulp and turn red. I go to the counter where my plate is and sit down. My arm brushes with his and I shudder. It was weird. It made me feel safe like the hug he gave me, it made me feel whole. Alive.

I just continued eating avoiding eye contact with anyone. I rinse my plate off and set it in the sink. I go and grab my galaxy painted bag and stood by the door.

Taking out my kindle and my earphones, i started listening to "Burning House" By cam and listen as she sings, I sing under my breath a little at the chorus. "I've been sleep walking. To close to the fire, but it's the only way that I can hold you tight....." I open up my eyes and Kyle is in front of me. Blushing, I proceed to go outside. We get to his car, and I don't know what it is because cars confuse me, but it was cool. I step into the car and stare out the window, an awkward silence dawning upon us. He stops at the side of the road and sighs. I turn to him.

"Look. I don't want things to be awkward. I would like to be your friend. I won't bite. Just please......I can't take it being like this." I just look at him and smile. I buckle and jump to him and Gove him a giant hug. My first friend. My very first friend. "I have a friend! Oh my Gersh. I have a friend. Wow." He looks at me holding in his laughter.

I have my very first friend.