Chapter Forty

I wake up in the middle of the night crying my eyes out.

I think of Kyle. His face. His smile, his laugh, his touch and wipe my tears away.

"Go back to bed." Kane mumbles annoyed.

"I can't do this. I can't love you when my heart belongs to him." I say.

He growls. "You're mine. Get that through your thick skull. He isn't your mate anymore." He says.

I just cry harder. "But......." I say defeated. I just lean against the headboard and sniffle.

He sighs and sits up.

He leans against the headboard and looks at me.

"It will all be fine." He says comfortingly.

"I mean how do you think I feel?" He says.

"Does it look like I give a crap about what you feel? You took my mate, my mom, my life everything. You ruined my life, because you where selfish. There where plenty of people you could have been with, but you just had to pick me, an did belong to another." I say, my voice hard, and filled with anger.

His eyes turn black.

I just roll my eyes and take a pillow to the floor and lay on it in a ball.

"Get back on the bed." He says.

"No. I don't want you touch me. You touch me i scream." I say.

He just groans and flips over, huffing like a child.
I just roll my eyes and stay on the pillow.

In the middle of the night, the window freaks, and a familiar scent hits my nose.

A smile graces my face and I tiptoe to the window.

Tears spring my eyes.

"Kyle." I say. The window cracks more and he grabs my arm. I prepare to ite my lip to keep in my scream of paint but nothing comes.

I look at his hands. Leather gloves.

He pulls me out of the window and he jumps down ,na do let out a little squeal.

"You came for me." I say.

He nods smiling. "Any thing for my tiny mate." He says.

I just nod and he starts running me in tow.

Once we are far enough in the woods, he sprays me and I cough and wave a hand in my face.

"How are we gonna get rid of this?" I say pointing towards the pulsing mark.

He shrugs. "Why do you think I can touch you with these gloves? A witch helped me. She's gonna get it removed." He says excitedly.

I cry in relief and hold his hand. There where no tingles, but then I remember.

"He can read my mind!" I say.

He sighs. "Imagine a wall. It should block him off." He says. I do So and then we get moving.

Suddenly, there is a pull on my heart and I collapse. It was the fake bond.

"Larena, come forth and heal her!" Kyle yells out.qq