Chapter Twenty-One

Tray uptop

I walk out the door and Tray stops me.

"Hi. I'm Tracy, but you can call me Tray, and I'm new!" She says excitedly. "I'm Dylan." I say to her.

She nods.

"I know, everybody talks about you." She says, her head tilted. I look at her confused.

"Why is that exactly?" Is say to her clutching books to my chest.

"Because the new hot twins are just following you around like lost puppies. Plus, all the guys here say your the prettiest girl in school." She says.

My eyes widen. I clear my throat. What?

"Well then, i just not have heard the rumors. But what twins are Fawning over me?" I say.

Of course you don't, nobody talks to you enough for you to know anything.

I was completely lost.

"Kyle and Kane." She says.

My jaw drops. Twins. Wow. How did I NOT piece that together? They are almost identical, but this doesn't explain why Kyle wants me to stay away from him.

"They're twins?" I ask her gobsmacked.

She nods eyebrows furrowed.

"How do you not know?" She asks confused. Trust me sister, I am too........

"Well I only have one friend and that's Kyle. And maybe you." I say smiling, but feeling a little blue, because I was kept so in the dark. And I expected more from Kyle. I didn't expect him to keep that from me.

You barely know him, it's none of your business.

Well if he told me to stay away, then why didn't he tell me why, and that it was his brother? His twin at that.

"Well, Kyle didn't tell you? I mean it is his brother." She says, as I tune into the conversation.

I shake my head. "No." I say quiet, walking with her.

"Well, I make friends fast so I might have to take you up on the friend offer." She says.

She giggles and starts going on about random rumors, when one catches my attention.

"We aren't an item." I say to her blushing harshly.

He stomps her foot.

"But we already have ship names picked out. Like Dyle, and Kylan, and DyKylanle.....We aren't sure about the last one. Not even sure how I pronounced that. And we have, Dane, and Kalan, for the Kane shippers." She says zoning out a bit.

All if the sudden she brightens up a bit and scares me a little.

"Lets get to lunch." She says looking her arm with mine.
"Don't want all the good seats taken." She says.

How long had she been here.

"How long have you been going here, because you seem to know a lot for being new." I say as politely as possible. She shrugs.

"About two weeks." She says.

I nod. She soaked up more information about me and my social life than I have in all my years in existence.

I look over to see Casey Graham, start to approach. I tense up and look at the ground.

"Well, well well. Looks like the eyebrow killer found a p
psycho midget friend." She says.

I see Tray glare at her.

"Anyways, I have been hearing some strange rumors about my mate, Kyle." He was friends with her?

"And I just wanted to let you know that he's just trying to get in your pants. And I just wanted to let you know before your heart gets broken when he rejects you." She says picking at her nails.

My heart stops. Was that why he wanted to be my friend? Is that why he said, "it worked," when we bumped into each other the day we met? Was this his plan all along.

I feel tears brim my eyes.

"Thanks for the warning Casey. I think that I need to use the restroom." I say, my voice cracking.

She was lying. She had to be. She did just call us mean names, but why would she lie about that? Was she trying to get me to stay away from him, or was she trying to help, like forgiving me for ruining her eyebrows.

He statements made sense.

He kissed my arm.

He knew a lot about me.

He knew where I lived.

He knew my name.

And didn't want to tell me his secrets.

But I remember the day he told me all about his family.

He told me one thing. A very vague thing, that answered the whole question.

He was an orphan.

Why didn't he mention his brother. Why didn't he LEAD with, "I have a brother, that's it" or something along those lines.

And suddenly, realisation hit me.

I Didn't know Kyle. At all. He was just a boy that I bumped into, and gave me butterflies. I didn't like him.

I couldn't. I knew hardly anything about him.

I needed answers.

I walk out of the empty bathroom and walked into the lunch room, to see Kyle against the wall holding two trays.

I walked up to him, took th w tray he held out for me and slammed it on the ground, spilling the food all golfer my shoes, but that was the least of my problems.

So I stood up to his chest and poked him.

And then I started my rant.

"I don't know what you think your doing mister but just know that I'm not a lowlife slut who feeds off male attention. I don't know you, but you seem to know me, so tell me what is going on, or so HELP me god, I will kick you in your no no area!" I yell at him, making the whole cafeteria go silent.

"What am I to you, huh? Another girl to screw, another heart to break, or am I your friend? I need to know that, and something else I would like to know, is why you never told me you had a TWIN brother, who you told me to stay away from. You know where I live you know everything about me, and I know almost absolutely nothing about you and there is something shady about that. So I don't know if you're a crazy stalker, a friend, a player what? What are you? Why do I remember you, why do I feel like I can tell you anything, why am I so comfortable, why do you make me like this, why are you so likable why-"

And he cuts me off, by placing his lips on mine.

Holy cheesecakes.