Chapter Four

She giggles as Kyle kept running toward their secret hideout. He runs passed trees, jumps over logs, and ducks every time they near a low branch. They finally arrive.

It's a quaint little pond, water lilies scouring the surface of the undisturbed water. Throught the crystal clear water, tiny tadpoles lazily swim about. Kyle walks over to the edge of the pond, setting her down. He places an arm around her softly, Dylan softly nuzzling into his side before Kyle pushes her into the water. A short shreak followed by a bellowing splash confirmed her contact with the water.

When she surfaces,  she shoves Kyle walking out of the water. She huffs and slaps Kyle again, looking at her drenched new clothing. An outfit she specifically picked to see Kyle, he ruined with pond water.

and then trudged out of the water. "Kyle, this is a brand new outfit, why did you do that!?" She yells shaking her arms and flicking her fingers to get the water off.

Kyle didn't mind seeing her drenched. Her clothes hugged to her curves, her hair slicked back so he could see her beautiful face.

Kyle laughs, splashing her. "Oh it's on Kyle!" Dylan runs to the edge of the water and jumps up unto Kyle, making the older fall into the water himself. Kyle goes under, and pushes to the surface as fast as possible, as water rushed up his nose.

As Kyle wipes his eyes, he listens for the direction of Dylan, looking when he can see again. Dylan was standing in the sand at the edge of the pond, arms crossed with a cute little smirk. Kyle stands up to his full height and runs after her. She squeals, Kyle getting closer with every stride, and starts to run.

Kyle played with her, made her think that she could outrun him on her short little legs but that wasn't the case.

"No you don't!" Kyle yells as Dylan neara the edge of the woods. Kyle  grabs her by the waist, pulling her to his chest, a giggle bubbling up her chest. "No! Let me go you ass!" She tries to wriggle out of his grip, but Kyle  only holds on tighter. She finally stops breathing heavily her giggles dying down. Dylan tries to regain her breath from laughing so hard, as Kyle still kept a firm hold on her.

For a split second Kyle loosens his hold on her, and Dylan seizes the opportunity.

She ducks under his arms and sprints down the path towards her back pirch. Kyle decides to play along and only jogs after her, giving her a head start. Ten seconds.

Kyle counts down in his head before sprinting after her. He finally sees her retreating from and runs a little faster. Once Kyle gets close enough, he pounces tackling her to the ground, while twisting his body to prevent falling on her. 

The pair lay in the leaves, both breathing heavily before Dylan lays her head on Kyle's chest, obviously exhausted from all the running. "I missed you Kyle." She whispers quietly, a sad soft reassuring whisper. Ensuring that Kyle wasn't the only one who desperately missed the other.

Dylan yawns, causing Kyle to yawn.

"Missed you too Dyl pickle."

The pair sat in silence, both soaked to the bone, the air getting colder but neither caring. They stayed warm as long as they were close. As long as they had the warmth of their friendship, they would be ok.

Dylan sighs and sits up straddling Kyle's lap.

Kyles cheeks burn red, as he sits up, pushing her further down his lap, before she whines and pulls herself backup.

Of all of the places she sits......

I then stand up and brush off my pants. She starts to sway on her feet so i scoop her up in my arms to where her legs are straddling me and her face is in my neck. I then push her up a little to adjust to the weight and then her heart rate and breathing evens. I keep walking, occasionally looking down at her sleeping face. Beautiful. My wolf says. I smile and answer back. "Yes. She is. And the best part is, is that she is all mine." I then get to the house.

   We were dry by now and it was at least five o'clock, and I didn't want her to be tired on her first day back at school tomorrow.

    I then lay her in her bed that was unpacked in our time at the pond. I take her still wet tennis shoes and get them off her feet along with her socks. I should buy her another pair. It was my fault she got wet. I then Kiss her forehead, tuck her in and brush her hair out of her face. I walk out of my room and start to walk home.

I then realized that my phone is now soaked and that because I wasn't in wolf form, nobody knew were I was. Dang it. I then break into yet, another sprint. I reach home and go inside. I then walk to the kitchen and notice a note with a knife holding it to the cupboard. I rip the note off.

Dear Brother. You should have been there, it was fun just murdering your alpha and the alphas son. If only his beta was there to save him. You do know what happens when the alphas die. Beats take the role. Let's see how you do it. Especially after I killed all high ranking men, and woman. Now, I will give you, let's say, three months to prepare for my attack. Good luck with the omegas.

With love, your brother,
Kane.

I crumble the piece of paper and throw it across the room. I walk out the door and see it. The omegas all in a big circle around my alphas, my mom. My dad. The gemmas. And the pack warrior trainers all nailed to trees. But one body caught my eye. Tears then start to rush down my face. My little four year old brother that was nailed to a tree with a sign on his neck. The words sprung through my mind making me dizzy. All the kindness in my heart has now dissolved and now I feel nothing.

The words were, "Let the game begin."