Dance

****~~~~^^^^****
Welcome to Easily Erased! Enjoy your reading. Don't forget to vote to show your support.

****~~~~^^^^****

On a sun-drenched Saturday afternoon in Abuja, the air was filled with vitality, and the azure sky, adorned with delicate wisps of white clouds, infused the city's denizens with a sense of liveliness and vigor. Nestled in the heart of the bustling metropolis, there stood a dance academy on a street named Allen.

Inside the dance studio, a diverse group of over thirty individuals, ranging in age from 17 to 40, moved in unison to the rhythmic melodies wafting from the background. Leading this dance ensemble was their instructor, Tobi, a man in his mid-30s, who observed their every move with a critical eye.

"You all need to step it up. Let the music flow through you; don't waste it!" he exclaimed to his dedicated students.

As if his words were a rallying cry, their movements intensified. "Fantastic! Keep that energy up!" he encouraged as they grooved to the infectious afrobeat tune.

Minutes passed, and the song drew to a close. Among the dancers, a young woman in her mid-twenties gracefully broke away from the group and made her way to a bench positioned on the room's left side. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail, and her face bore a natural, makeup-free look. Her hourglass figure and sun-kissed complexion peeked out from her black-pink sports bra and leggings.

This was Mary, standing at 5.9 feet tall, her physical attributes bordering on perfection. Her hazel, almond-shaped eyes could easily ensnare anyone's heart. Despite the exertion, a gentle, radiant smile graced her lips. She settled onto the plush leather bench, taking a moment to hydrate with her water flask. As she sipped, her friend Ifeoma approached, wearing a sheepish smile.

"Are you telling me you're already exhausted?" she inquired.

"You wouldn't be wrong. I'm really beat," Mary replied.

Ifeoma chuckled, "But you know you signed up for this willingly, right? I didn't twist your arm."

"I know, but I didn't realize dancing could be as taxing as a workout! I wanted to avoid joining a gym, so I chose this dance academy. The way we're dancing, it's like we're preparing for a competition," she paused and then stood up abruptly, "Just watch me now." She positioned herself and glanced at the group of guys dancing in the room, then began mimicking their dance steps.

Ifeoma burst into laughter as Mary put even more energy into her dancing. "Okay-okay, stop, Mary, you're cracking me up."

"But is it funny? I'm just showing you how those guys over there dance. That's how all of you dance. You all have so much energy!" Mary groaned and sat back down, with Ifeoma joining her.

"You are so funny, Mary. Dancing is not hard as you see it. This is only two weeks since you started, just give yourself a little time, and you'll become close to perfect, if not perfect like us".

"You said it like it was that easy. I, Mary Sandie, cannot be a perfect dancer like you." Mary scrunches up her nose.

"Of course, you can. You just have to put your mind to it, and before you know it, you'll become an expert. And let me tell you something. You see most of those dancers over there?" Ifeoma gestures to her fellow dancers, and Mary's gaze follows it.

"What about them?" she asks with a shrug.

"Dancing is the career path they've chosen. Most of them want to become the world's best dancers, and that is why you see them training so hard."