Lust Doesn't Last

Song - Ed Sheeran - Beautiful Game
✨✨✨

Days flew by, and Adimchi and Mary were back in Nigeria from their honeymoon.

“Get ready for another brief trip to the east,” Adimchi announced to his wife the night after they returned. They were in their bedroom, with Mary working on her laptop while her husband checked his phone.

“Oh no, not so soon, Adim,” Mary whined, pausing her work.

“Relax, Hazel. It’s a brief trip, just for business. I want to show you our car company in Enugu. I’d also like to introduce you to my genius creative team; they’re the best.”

“Now you’ve got me interested. I love meeting creative minds. I’ll definitely join you on the trip, but you have to promise me we won’t stay longer than necessary.”

Adimchi smiled and crossed his arms. “I promise.”

“Okay! When is the trip?”

“Tomorrow.”

“No?!” She objected.

Adimchi shrugged apologetically and nodded. “Yes, babe. I’m sorry.” He stroked her bare thighs to reassure her.

“But I need to get things ready first,” she pouted.

“You don’t need to get anything ready, Hazel. If it’s clothes, I’ll buy you some when we get there. You can choose not to bring anything for the trip except your laptop, which I’m sure you’ll be taking.”

“C’mon, Adim, we can’t keep buying clothes and shoes for every trip; that’s a waste of money. I’ll just pick up a few things I need since we won’t be there long. Besides, I won’t have to go with you to all your business meetings, so I don’t need much.”

“Mm-mmm, with you, a man saves a lot of money, like I’ve been doing for the past few weeks since I met you.”

Mary chuckled and shook her head in amusement. “And with me, a man can also spend his life savings, don’t forget that.”

“I wouldn’t mind spending my life savings on you,” Adimchi replied with a grin, and Mary giggled. “I’ll let you finish your work while I watch a movie downstairs.”

“You can stay here and watch your movie if you want.”

“That wouldn’t be a good idea; I don’t want to distract you.”

“I agree. I might be tempted to watch a movie with you if you stay.”

“I know, right?” Adimchi smirked and stood up from the bed. “Text me when you’re done.”

“Okay, I will.”

***~~~***

“You guys are going on another trip?” Mrs. Aku frowned when she saw the small luggage in Adimchi’s hand.

“Not just me, my wife is coming with me,” Adimchi replied, his arms around his wife’s shoulders.

“Oh son, you two just got back two days ago, and you’re leaving again,” she complained.

“Same thing I said, Mother, but he wouldn’t listen to me,” Mary joined in.

Adimchi rolled his eyes and said, “Hazel, don’t team up with my mom against me, please.”

“I’m not doing that, though,” she laughed.

“I know your plans, son. You don’t want me to spend time with my daughter-in-law,” Mrs. Aku argued, and Adimchi’s mouth fell open.