6.

I walked into the reception of the hotel. Saw Lando sitting down. Had to admit that he looked handsome.

He immediately got up as soon as he noticed me, with a big smile on his face.

"Miss Xanthi" he smiled as he let his eyes travel down my body. "You actually dressed up"

"Of course Mr. Norris, you said it was a date, right?"

"Oh it certainly is" he nodded. "You look beautiful"

"You like saying that, don't you?" I smiled, but I actually didn't mind him saying that. He could tell me all the time.

"I am only telling the truth" he said as he nodded at the door. "Let's go?"

"Let's go!" I said enthusiastically, walked after him. Enzo opened the door for us, quickly winked at me and put his thumb up.

I quickly waved at him with a smile.

"So do you mind if we walk?" Lando asked. "No I don't mind"

I actually loved walking around Monaco. Also out of necessity because I didn't have a car but that's another story.

We walked to the docks, my favorite place in Monaco.

"I hope you don't get seasick" he said as he walked to a boat. "Wait, are we gonna do a boat ride?"

"Yes we are" he chuckled, stepped on the boat and held his hand out for me. "If you want of course?"

"Yes yes definitely" I said as I put my hand in his and walked on the boat.

We were greeted by a couple of people who probably worked on the boat. I waved at them which made Lando laugh a little.

I didn't know why though. Was I supposed to ignore them?

We sat down, and I couldn't help but look around. It was absolutely beautiful, the boat was decorated with little lights and on the table was a bottle of champagne.

Guess he actually put some effort in this, a whole lot of effort.

"You never been on a boat?" Lando asked. "No" I answered probably a bit too quickly.

I wasn't thinking anymore. He thought I was rich and I've never been on a boat?
He was gonna figure out that I was actually very poor.

"Then I'm your first" he smiled.

"I am sorry to disappoint you, but you won't be my first" I chuckled. "Your last then?" He answered almost immediately.

Caught me a little of guard.

"Well, is that what you want to get out of this date?"

"Maybe" he said as he opened the bottle of champagne. "But a couple of babies and a ring definitely is"

I tilted my head. A man who talked about babies and marriage on the first date would usually make me cringe and run.

But Lando could just play it off.

"You're quite fast, aren't you?" I chuckled as I grabbed the glass of champagne he offered me.

"Well, I'm a racing dri-" he stopped, he probably still thought I didn't know who he was. "I mean.."

"I know you're a racing driver, Lando Norris"

"Okay that makes things easier" he laughed. "I already thought you were a little slow on realizing it"

I rolled my eyes as I laughed and took a sip from the champagne.

"How did you find me by the way?" I asked.

"You said you were staying in a hotel, ten minutes away from the track, so it didn't took long to figure it out" he said with a proud look on his face.

"Impressive" I nodded.

After a few glasses of champagne, we laid down on the front of the boat, looked at the stars.

"Do you think the stars in the sky represent the people we lost in life?" I mumbled.

What a terrible stupid thing to ask, he must think I'm crazy.

"I guess that's possible" he said, turned his head to me. "Did you lose people you loved?"

I shrugged. "I lost my parents at a young age, I don't know if that counts"

"It sure does" he smiled a little. "You miss them?"

"I guess I miss the thought of having parents more than I actually miss them" I said as I looked back up at the sky. "I don't know if that makes any sense"

"It does" he moved his hand a little closer to mine, rubbed his index finger softly against my hand.

He didn't ask anything else and I was actually glad about that.
He asked the perfect amount of questions and still respected that I didn't want to tell everything.

It was one of the nicest dates I've ever been on. Scratch that, it definitely was the nicest date.

I noticed that I let my guard down with him, even though I didn't know him at all.