27.

Two months later

A lot has happened in only two months time.

Francesca and Lando stayed together, were engaged even.
And even though Elena wasn't Lando's, he still cared for her and loved her.

Francesca quit her job at the paddock, said she didn't like it that much and it was too difficult with Elena.

Max and I were still together as well, not engaged though.

And I quit my job too, not because I didn't like it but because I wanted to be closer to Max.
We moved to London, found an apartment there and were living together now.

I couldn't be happier with Max, he made me so incredibly happy.

Lando invited us to the paddock as much as he could. I wasn't complaining about that, it was always fun to be at the paddock, especially with Max.

"Ice cream?" Lando asked as he walked in the hospitality where Max and I were sitting in.

Even though we were both dating different people now, we still liked hanging out together.

"Sure, but this time, you are paying" I laughed as I got up. "I will be back soon" I said as I looked at Max.

"Yeah yeah" he rolled his eyes laughing. "You're leaving me again"

"But I'm always coming back though." I leaned down at him, pecked his lips a couple of times.

I knew he didn't mind that I hung out with Lando. He knew I was loyal to him, even though it must sting a little that I liked Lando first.

I liked him way more.

Lando and I walked out of the hospitality, he looked at me with a smirk. "You guys are pretty cute together"

"Yes I know" I nudged him. "So are you and Frankie"

"Oh I know" he smiled. "I am pretty lucky to have her"

"So when is the wedding?" I looked at him while ordering our ice creams.
We always ordered the same thing. Two scoops of vanilla.

"I don't know" he shrugged. "I wanted to wait a little but she seems pretty eager to get married, so probably pretty soon"

"Mr and Mrs Norris" I chuckled. "Are you ready for that?"

"Definitely am" he nodded.

We talked for a little while, until Francesca and Elena walked in the paddock together.
Lando immediately looked at them, instantly smiled.

"I am-" he pointed at them. "Yeah yeah go to them" I chuckled.

I finished my ice cream as I was looking at them. He was carrying Elena while pressing his lips against Francesca's.

It put a smile on my face seeing them as a real family.

"Watch out" someone said as he always bumped in me. "Shit, I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking"

I looked up and of course I was standing in front of Charles Leclerc.

"Too busy eating your ice cream I assume" he chuckled. He looked at me, as if he was trying to remember who I was.

"You're friends with Lando and Francesca, right?" Charles asked.

I nodded. "Yes"

"I am glad Francesca is feeling better, after everything that happened" he said as he looked at her.

"Oh right, you were there that night she got drugged" I nodded as I looked at her as well.

"Drugged? I never said she was drugged?" He frowned. I snapped my head back at him.

"But she was drugged, right?"

"No? She was crying but besides that, she seemed fine"

I frowned, looked back at Lando and her. They were talking, while fiddling with each other's hands.

They seemed happy, they were happy. They were in love. I saw them on vacation together.

You can't fake something like that.

Right?

No I wasn't gonna get involved.