9.

Lando sighed as he sat down on the edge of the bed. "My girl left me a couple of months ago, ran away and I don't know why"

I sat down next to him. I figured something like that happened judging by the conversation Jess and Savannah had.

"But something happened in that club and I need to know what" he said as he turned his head to me.

I quickly put my hands up. "I don't know what happened"

I didn't even know who his girl was, but if she ran away, then maybe she just didn't want to be with him?
If something happened to me, I would definitely tell my boyfriend.

If I had one.

"I know" he snorted. "I need you to find out what happened"

"I am not a detective" I frowned.

"I know Xanthi, I just need you to get close to Jordan, he knows for sure"

I frowned even more now. "So you are asking me to sleep with him, so he will tell me what happened with your girl?"

"No, don't fucking sleep with him" he got up, sighed a bit louder as he paced around the room.

I guess he didn't know what he meant himself. "Look, Jordan is dangerous so please be car-"

"100K" I tilted my head as I looked at him.

He turned around and looked at me. "Are you insane?"

"It's pocket change for you" I rolled my eyes. "85K but I need a new dress and jewelry"

He was biting the inside of his cheek, clenched his teeth against each other and nodded. "Deal"

"It's pleasure doing business with you Mr. Norris" I said as I held my hand out for him. He chuckled, rolled his eyes and shook my hand as well.

"Anyways, I expect you here tomorrow at 2pm" I said as I got up.

"What? Why?"

"Uh, you're buying me a new dress and jewelry" I smirked at him. "Besides, you have to tell me more about your girl"

And why on Earth did you take me on a date while you were still thinking about her?

"In public?" he frowned a little.

"Yeah? Why is that so weird? Are you a vampire or something?"

He chuckled and shook his head. "No, I guess I'm just not used to that"

Used to what? Going out in public with girls?

"Get used to it then" I shrugged, walked on the balcony and looked up at the stars.

"Xanthi, I just want to tell you that I really like you but I'm just not ready for a new relationship. I thought I was, but I'm not" He said as he stood next to me.

I looked at him, he looked genuine and honestly, we've been on one date, it's no big deal. I went on so many first dates before.

"I'm mature enough to know that love isn't easy. Not to understand, not to give, not to forget" I said as gave him a reassuring wink. "I'll help you with this but I hope you realize that sometimes, it's better not to know"

He looked at me, and nodded. "I know" he said softly before looking down.

I don't know what this girl did to him, but he was broken inside.

So while I figured out what happened that night, I could also try to make him enjoy life again, because it looked as if he was just trying to survive now.

"Add some paddock passes to the 85K, the dress and jewelry" I nudged him playfully.

He laughed and shook his head. "I think I'm gonna leave because you get more and more expensive"

"Yeah, get out Norris" I laughed as I nodded at the door.

He laughed a bit more, pulled me in his arms. "Just be careful" he whispered. "I'm serious, he's dangerous"

"Good because so am I"