14.

I didn't go back to the hotel the next day, I went with Max and Lando on a boat trip.

Took Pippa with me as well. She had a day off and definitely deserved some sun and water.

"So why did Francesca and Lando break up before she started dating Jordan?" I asked Max as we were laying on the deck together.

"I don't remember" he shrugged.

I rolled my eyes. "Then use your little peanut brain"

"Yes boss" He chuckled, acted as if he was thinking really hard.

"Don't hurt yourself" I mumbled.

"She was mad because of a bet he made, months earlier, it wasn't even about her" he said. "Overall, she just didn't trust him at all"

"Rightfully so?"

"I mean, he was a fuckboy before, but he never got to prove himself" he looked at Lando, who was on the jetski with Pippa. "And then she started dating Jordan almost immediately after"

"And then they got back together?" I asked, turned my head to Max.

"Yeah, and then she left, ran away after a fight about a bet she made with Jordan"

I frowned. "So they broke up twice because of a bet?"

"Guess so" he laughed. "They really should never go to Vegas together"

"That's gambling, not betting" I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, same thing" he mumbled.

It so was not the same thing.

I turned on my belly, put my head on my hands. "How sure are you that Jordan is the bad one?"

"I am not sure about that at all" he answered.

Neither was I.

"Xanthi, you want to ride the jetski?" Lando said as he and Pippa crawled back on the boat.

"I absolutely do" I said as I got up. "But I want to drive it"

"You don't drive a jetski" he laughed. "You ride it"

"Oh, like a dick?" I tilted my head, I could hear Max chuckle behind us.

"Yeah Xanthi, exactly like a dick" he said as he pushed me in the water.

"Idiot" I laughed as I pushed my wet hair out of my face. "What if I couldn't swim?"

He jumped in the water, looked at me with a smile as he came back up to the surface. "Then I would've saved you"

"Oh would you now?"

"I would always save you Xanthi" he said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer.

He was definitely giving me mixed signals. He wanted me to find out why his ex left, but on the other hand, he was looking at me as if he couldn't care less where his ex was.

I cleared my throat, pointed at the jetski's. "Now let's race these things"

"Oh you read my mind" he laughed.

He definitely made my life interesting again.

———————————-

Went to Jamie afterwards, I owed him an explanation.

He was changing as I walked in his apartment.

"I don't have much time" he mumbled. "I have to start a shift with your boyfriend in an hour"

Okay I definitely needed to explain things to him.

"He isn't my boyfriend, I am probably one of the many girls he takes home" I said as I sat down on the edge of his bed.

"You're not, he doesn't take girls home" he mumbled as he closed his closet. "He isn't like that"

"He abused his ex" I snapped.

He turned to me, a frown on his face. "I doubt that"

"Yeah well, it's true" I shrugged. "Because she is Lando's ex as well"

"Francesca?" He raised his eyebrow. "Yeah you should ask him why they broke up"

"If he isn't a bad guy, then why did you tell me to be careful?"

"Because I care about you? Because you're my best friend?"

I've never been more confused in my life. What happened with Francesca?

And if Jordan wasn't the bad guy, then who was?