24.

Lando's POV.

I couldn't believe that Xanthi was back and honestly she had the worst timing possible.

I just wanted to go kill Chase, just found out Elena was his.

My world was shattering down and then she walked in, looking cute as ever, looking straight in my eyes.

I begged Xanthi to come back to Monaco the first couple of months after she left for Italy.
I tried to make that long distance thing work, flew to her whenever I could.

And it did at first. I trusted her completely and she never doubted me.

But it started to get frustrating that we couldn't see each other much.
I missed her terribly and I couldn't be with her because she didn't want to give up her job.

Fair enough, it would be selfish to ask for that.

So we mutually decided to break it off. We both deserved more, even though we cared so much about each other.

No one really knew how close we were, no one knew what happened in those months.
Not even Max, not even Jamie.

So I actually never expected her to be back, guess I was wrong.

Xanthi said she wanted to talk to Frankie, alone. Frankie was hesitant about that at first but they've been talking on the balcony for 20 minutes now.

And I had no idea what they were talking about.

But they seemed fine with each other? Frankie was sitting on one of the loungers while Xanthi was leaning against the railing of the balcony.

Xanthi knew way more than she let me believe. She said she didn't find out why Francesca left, what happened to her that night.

But she sure did.

She did found something out, otherwise she wouldn't be here.

Even though I couldn't hear what they were talking about, I still wanted to stay close to them.

Wanted to make sure that they wouldn't kill each other.

Or that Xanthi wouldn't kill Francesca. I found out a couple of things about Xanthi when she left.
Maybe her and Francesca were more alike than they would like to admit.

I sighed, walked to the kitchen and grabbed myself a glass of water.
I didn't know what to think.

Francesca told me not to get involved, to not go and confront Chase because he's Elena's dad.
What did that even mean?

Was she seriously thinking about telling him? Or letting Elena be alone with him from time to time?

She couldn't be that stupid right?

He assaulted her, he should be behind bars, but for some reason, she didn't want that.

"Hi you" Xanthi smiled as she walked in the kitchen. "You okay?"

I smiled, nodded. "Yeah, are you?"

"I am fine" she said as she leaned against the kitchen counter. She sighed a little before she looked up at me. "Don't do anything stupid, stay with Francesca tonight, yeah?"

I snorted.

"I am serious Lando" she said. "Francesca is more important now than fucking Chase up"

"You knew?" I asked. "Right?"

She sighed. "Not everything"

I nodded. Of course she knew some things and she never told me.

"I am going back to my hotel" she said. "Enzo must be wondering where I am"

And Max must be too, I bet.

She took a couple of steps closer, her parfum was a familiar scent, brought back a few memories.

"And don't you dare treat Elena differently now" she whispered before walking out of the kitchen.

"Bye Francesca" she said as she closed the door behind her.

What the fuck just happened?