Chapter 40

Chapter 40- Softball

The sun filtered through the trees, casting dappled light on the lush green grass of the mansion's backyard. Sam sat in the grass, her back straight, and her eyes fixed on the horizon. She felt the warmth of the sun on her skin and, for a moment, imagined herself somewhere else—free and far away from this place.

"Hey, you." Scarlett's voice cut through her reverie, and Sam flinched involuntarily. "I've got a surprise for you."

Scarlett strode towards her, her steps purposeful, and her eyes shining with excitement. She wore a mischievous smile, and her blonde hair fell in loose waves around her shoulders. Her enthusiasm filled the air like a tangible force, and Sam felt her heart sink, knowing that her captor's whims often led to unpredictable consequences.

"What is it now?" Sam asked, her voice laced with a mix of resignation and trepidation. She knew better than to expect normalcy in her life anymore.

Scarlett reached her and dropped to the ground, her eyes sparkling as she looked at Sam. "I was thinking... we haven't played softball in forever. And, well, I know how much you love it." She gave a playful wink, her fingers brushing against Sam's cheek.

Sam felt a pang of something akin to sadness as she thought of her life before—the softball games, the laughter with friends, and the freedom to just be a regular teenager. "It's been a while," she said softly, her gaze dropping to her lap.

"So, I thought, why not bring the game to you?" With a flourish, Scarlett produced a bat from behind her back and held it out to Sam. "Here, take it."

Sam's eyes widened as she took in the familiar weight of the bat in her hands. "You want me to play?" she asked, her voice laced with disbelief.

"Why not?" Scarlett's smile turned impish. "You're the star player, after all. And I know how much you miss it." She gestured to the open space in front of them. "We've got plenty of room here. It'll be just like old times."

Sam bit her lip, her mind racing. "But... I can't really stand cause my l-leg," she said, her voice small.

"Oh, I know." Scarlett's expression softened, and she reached out to take Sam's hand. "That's why I'll pitch, and you can hit from right here, sitting down." She patted the grass in front of Sam. "It'll be our own little adaptation."

Sam felt a rush of conflicting emotions—gratitude for Scarlett's consideration, fear of the unknown, and a strange sense of warmth at the thought of playing again. "Okay," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

Scarlett beamed, her eyes lighting up with a dangerous intensity. "Great! Let's get started." She rose to her feet and grabs a softball for Sam and then takes a few steps back, crouching into a pitching stance. "I'll go easy on you, of course."

Sam swallowed, suddenly nervous. She tightened her grip on the bat and focused on the ball in Scarlett's hand. "Let's play," she said, her voice steadier than she felt.

Scarlett pitched the ball, and Sam swung, the bat connecting with a satisfying crack. The ball soared through the air, and for a moment, Sam felt a surge of triumph. She had hit it over the mansion's fence!

Scarlett let out a delighted laugh, her eyes sparkling with genuine joy. She rushed forward and tackled Sam to the ground, her lips finding Sam's in a passionate kiss. "You still got it!" she exclaimed, her breath warm against Sam's skin.

Sam lay still, her heart pounding, as Scarlett's kisses trailed down her jaw. She wanted to push Scarlett away, but her body felt heavy, her mind clouded by a mix of fear and a strange sense of surrender.

Scarlett eventually pulled back, her eyes dark with desire. She lifted Sam into her arms and carried her back into the mansion, their softball game forgotten.

As Scarlett deposited her on the bed, Sam's heart sank. She knew what was coming next, and her body tensed involuntarily. "Relax, St.Onge," Scarlett purred, stroking Sam's hair. "I won't hurt you."

Sam closed her eyes, steeling herself for what was to come. She felt Scarlett's hands on her, gentle at first, but soon becoming more insistent. "You're so beautiful," Scarlett whispered, her lips trailing down Sam's neck. "All mine."

Sam bit her lip, suppressing a whimper as Scarlett's touch ignited a fire within her—a fire that terrified her to her core. She knew she should resist, but her body seemed to have a mind of its own, responding to Scarlett's touch despite her fears and misgivings.

Scarlett's hands moved lower, and Sam felt herself being pulled closer, their bodies entwined. She could feel Scarlett's heart racing, mirroring her own, and for a moment, she wondered if Scarlett truly believed that their twisted relationship was real.

"Sam..." Scarlett's voice was hoarse, her breath coming in short gasps. "Say you're mine."

Sam's eyes flew open, and she found herself staring into Scarlett's feverish gaze. "Yours," she whispered, in terror as tears run down her face.

Scarlett's eyes shone with triumph, and she claimed Sam's lips in a fierce kiss. "Mine forever," she murmured against Sam's mouth.

Sam closed her eyes, her heart heavy as she realized the depth of her captor's delusion—a delusion that had ensnared her as well. She was trapped, not just by Scarlett's physical restraints but by the psychological chains that bound her, linking them together in a toxic dance of obsession and fear.

And as Scarlett's kisses rained down on her, Sam knew that her struggle to reclaim her life was far from over. She was a prisoner, not just of Scarlett's making but of her own mind, ensnared in a web of complex emotions and a terrifying new reality