7

A:N This story includes themes of mental health and eating disorders, please only read if you feel ready too, you are beautiful always x

I anxiously turn to look at Rocky who is sat besides me in his wheelchair, he's focusing entirely on his phone. I had my blood tests two days ago and today was the day that we were getting the results to confirm my hormonal levels which determine whether I'm actually pregnant.

"You didn't have to come with me, I really appreciate it but it's important that you rest."

He gives me a blank look before gesturing to himself, "I'm stuck in and out of this chair for the next three weeks, what difference does it make if I'm sat in it here or at the apartment? Also, I've seen you try to decipher French, it's painful."

My cheeks burn, "It isn't that painful."

"Oh it is."

"Scarlett Summers?" A voice announces.

I freeze slightly a feeling over panic washing over me, I shakily stand up and wheel Rocky as we follow the woman who came into the waiting room. When I sit down, my leg can't help but bounce up and down. It's an anxious habit I've always carried with me. My eyes widen when Rocky's large tattooed palm covers my thigh to prevent it from bouncing.

"You're anxiety is making me anxious." He mutters lowly.

The doctor gives me a warm smile, "Hello Scarlett, you are here for your blood test results, is that correct?"

I give her a nervous smile, "Yes."

"Judging from the results, I can confirm you are indeed pregnant and judging from what you informed us in your previous appointment, you are roughly five weeks along. Meaning that you will be due in June. You will need to book in for an ultrasound appointment. We have also had your doctor in America to forward your medical records, I can see that you are in recovery for both Anorexia and Bulimia."

I freeze entirely, Rocky knew I had a tough relationship with food but he didn't now the details of the extent. I can feel the hand that's still resting on my thigh tighten.

I swallow harshly, "I am yes."

"Would you like me to forward you onto a psychiatrist, I understand that pregnancy can cause a trigger within eating disorders?"

My entire body burns as I firmly shake my head, "It's fine but thank you. I have the contact details of my therapist from back home, who I'm comfortable with calling in-case I relapse."

"Very well. I will book you in for an early pregnancy ultrasound for in two weeks' time." She murmurs as she begins to type furiously on her keyboard, "Are you the father?"

Rocky startles himself slightly before nodding, "Yes, I am."

"Is there any genetic conditions that run in your family?"

He shifts uncomfortable, "ADHD, I have it and so does my younger brother. We suspect it comes from my dad but he believes it's an excuse for laziness, so refuses to get tested."

I was aware of Rocky's ADHD, the first time he came to our house medicated you could notice an immediate difference, the small boy who would get extremely angry and over-stimulated seized to exist. I wasn't sure if he was still medicated but I presumed that he was due to the line of work he was in.

I've always adore the parts of his ADHD that he hated, I remember being confused when he first told Luke and I about his condition. I thought it meant that he was going to die because I was dumb and nine years old. But explained that's why he would always want to be doing things, why he'd always start new hobbies and forget about them, why he'd always suggest a random adventure even if it meant that we were going to get into trouble.