28

A:N This story includes themes of mental health and eating disorders, please only read if you feel ready too, you are beautiful always x

"You've got chills that are multiplying!" I sing loudly into my wooden spoon.

Rocky leans forward so his mouth is hovering over it, "And I'm losing control!"

Sammy's eyebrows knit together as he stares at us both, "I'm so confused right now. I think Scarlett has broken Rocky."

Autumn nods in agreement from besides him, "I think that too."

Lucas shrugs, "I kind of like it. They look happy."

"Maybe too happy."

Autumn scoffs, "Sammy, there's no such thing as too happy."

We had invited everyone over for a dinner party, much to their dismay Rocky and I have decided to include impromptu entertainment to the menu.

I quickly divert my attention when I hear a small cry. I rush over towards Violet who is whimpering. I gather her into my arms and begin to rock her soothingly.

"Hey Rocky?"

"Already on it." He mutters as he comes towards us and passes me her bottle.

I give a grateful smile before I sit, Violet and I down and begin feeding her. I watch in awe as she begins to guzzle the milk down.

"You're such a natural." Autumn comments as she sits beside us.

"I'm really not, I'm only just beginning to wrap my head around it but that's okay, I'm a first-time mom and that is normal."

Rocky rolls his eyes, "She's finally started reading the parenting books, in-case you haven't noticed."

...

I frown deeply as I stare intently at my laptop, I've been staring at for the last ten minutes, I think I was still yet to blink.

"You good?" Rocky asks as he sits down next to me.

"Someone from Luke's gym heard that I designed the logo and painted the mural. And they've asked if I would paint a mural for a new day-care that's opening."

His eyes widen, "Holy shit. That's amazing, you're doing it right?"

"I don't know. I've never been paid for painting before, it feels like a lot of pressure."

"Sunshine, they wouldn't ask you unless they knew that they wanted you. They've seen your work, they've seen how fucking talented you are."

"It just feels scary actually putting my work out there. What if someone doesn't like it?"

"Then they're an idiot." He states simply.

I give him a look, "I'm being serious."

"So am I."

"But what about Violet?"

"What about her?"

"I can't just abandon her."

"Her father is literally sitting right here." He says as he gestures wildly towards himself.

"But it isn't fair on you, I feel like I'm asking for a lot."

"You're not asking me for anything, she's my daughter and I love spending time with her. And I also want her mother to do something that makes her feel happy."

I shrug, "It would be nice to speak to people about things other than dirty diapers."

"Even more reason to take it."