19

A:N This story includes themes of mental health and eating disorders, please only read if you feel ready too, you are beautiful always x

I let out a deep sigh as sweat beads onto my forehead, I got harshly awoken at four in the morning and instead of going back to sleep like a normal person. I decided to begin painting a mural for the baby's nursery.

It's a lot easier to paint without a bulging stomach in the way, that's for sure. Every part of my body ached and I wasn't even in the third trimester yet.

But I had eight weeks until Rocky was having his flying visit home and for some reason I wanted the baby's room to be finished. Not that it mattered, he has barely mentioned anything to do with the nursery yet. Brooke assured me that it didn't mean he was having doubts, she dubbed it into being a typical man thing.

Autumn rubs her eyes tiredly as she enters the nursery, "Should you be around all these fumes?"

I shrug, "It says non-toxic, it's seven in the morning why are you awake?"

"Because the crazy person, I'm having a sleepover with decided to paint and whenever she paints she sings."

I flash her a sheepish smile, "Sorry, I just get overly happy when I paint."

"You're lucky you've got a nice voice."

Autumn and I decided to form a new tradition, every Friday night would be girls night. As a way for us to catch up and stay connected, I think she was also partially worried about me spending so much time on my own.

I take a step back, "What do you think?"

I was currently painting a elf/pixie like wonderland, my colour pallet choice being all pastels. I wanted it to feel magical and enchanting.

"I think that you're stupidly talented."

My heart warms, "And I think you're stupidly sweet for saying that. Except not stupid, you're really smart."

"How long have you been painting for?"

"Just short of three hours."

"Then you need to sit down."

I roll my eyes softly, "I'm fine, I do twelve hour shifts at work. This is nothing."

"Except it is something, you're pregnant."

I rub a hand over my stomach, "Is that was this is? I thought I just ate a large amount of food last night."

"Scarlett."

I shrug, "I'm sorry, I'm just feeling restless. The only thing I really do anymore is work, I'm bored."

Autumn claps her hands together, "Why don't we do something today then?"

I perk up, "Really?"

"Sure, what do you fancy?"

"I can completely understand if you're not down for it but could we look at baby clothes?"

"Why wouldn't I be down for it?"

I wince, "I don't know, I'm concerned I've made pregnancy my entire personality trait."

"I mean, it's pretty hard not to. You're life is literally changing forever."

"I love you so much Autumn Martin."

"You know I hate expressing emotion but ditto."

....

My heart clenches with cuteness as I look at the tiny little items of clothes hanging on railings.

"I think my ovaries might burst." I whisper, "Why is this so wholesome?"

"They are pretty cute."

"Scarlett Summers?" A voice says from behind me making me tense entirely.

I turn my head around, "Rick?"

"Holy fuck. That better not be mine."

Autumn scoffs loudly as she crosses her arms, "No dickface, the father is actually someone from the male species."

He snorts as he looks down at her, "And who might you be?"

"The girl who is going to punch you in the face, if you don't leave my friend alone."

"Like I'd be scared of you."

His friend nudges him harshly, "Settle down man, she's the one dating Luke Wilson."

"Like I give a shit about that, I'm not having some whiny bitch talk to me like that."

Autumn stands up taller, "Bring it, I've took like four self-defence classes, my body is a weapon."

I can't help but feel a wave of pride despite the circumstances in Autumn having the bravery to stick up for others against men. I know it isn't easy for her.

"And I'll belly bounce you." I utter out lamely, "Well, I don't think I'm actually allowed to do that."

Rick laughs bitterly, "You know what, some days I feel regret from dumping you but seeing you today makes me sure I made the right choice."

I gape, "I'm the one who dumped you."

His facial expression hardens, "Only because I cheated on you because I couldn't take your needy ass anymore."

I falter, "Well, I'm sorry you felt that way. I really hope you find someone who makes you happy one day."

"Stop with the fucking mind games."

I blink, "I'm not playing any mind games, you might wish the worst for me but I hope things work out for you."

"You're such a psychotic bitch."

Autumn narrows her eyes before reaching forward and slapping him across the face, she cures loudly as she cradles her wrist in her hand.

Rick and his friend exchange a look before darting out of the store.

"You better run!" She calls out, "Holy shit, that really hurt."

...

Lucas looks at Autumn and I in disapproval once he arrives to pick her up from my apartment. The girl besides me was nursing her wrist with a bag of frozen peas.

He crosses his arms behind his back as he paces up and down, "Ladies, ladies, ladies."

Autumn rolls her eyes, "We get it, we shouldn't have gotten into a fight at the mall."

He stops, "That's why you think I'm disappointed?"

Her eyebrows raise, "It's not?"

"I'm disappointed because I spent eight hours of my time showing you how to throw a punch and it appears you learnt nothing."

I weakly hold my hand up, "Actually, it was more of a bitch slap then anything."

Lucas shakes his head, "That's even worse."

"It wasn't even our fault, it was fucking Rick and his big stupid mouth." She grumbles, like a child who has just been scolded.

"What?"

"Yeah, he was saying all of this shit, so I just slapped him and he ran away like a little bitch."

"Shit. My girl is kind of a badass."

Her eyes roll, "Even though, I learnt nothing?"

He sighs as he sits down beside her, "I had to say that, I can't act like I encourage to get into fights."

"You literally box for a living?"

"Yeah but I don't care if I get hurt, I care if you do."

I can't help but feel warmth as I watch their interaction, these two were the definition of soulmates. I adored being able to get a glimpse of their love story. I hope that I get the honour of having a love story like this one day.