epilogue...(one year later)

I grin brightly as I finish getting Violet dressed for the day, I laugh as her tiny fists attempt to grab my face.

"I can't believe, you are one today, my little lady." I muse, "You've grown up so fast."

"I'm just glad, you've stopped doing that creepy baby voice." A voice says behind me,

I roll my eyes as I turn around to see Rocky fixing his dress shirt, "For the last time, It was not creepy."

"And for the last time, it really was."

I frown, "I want a new boyfriend, the one I got was mean."

He laughs as he leans down and presses a kiss to the top of my head, "Too bad, you can return him. You're stuck."

I reach out and pat his cheek, "Luckily, I got an extremely pretty one."

"You bet you did, baby."

...

My heart feels completely full as I watch all of our family and friends gathered all together to celebrate my daughters birthday. It may have been a little cramped in our living room but it was just a reminder of how truly loved she is.

Rocky coughs loudly, "I just wanted to know when we were doing gifts because I really want to do mine."

I furrow my brows together, "Wait, what? I thought the ball pit was of both of us."

He rubs the back of his neck, "I may have gotten something else."

"What is it?"

My confusion increases as he reaches into his pocket before putting out a golden key.

"I'm really confused."

He nods as he strides forward, "That makes sense, I mean I think it's only fair, if I take you both to it."

I look around the room anxiously, "We're in the middle of a birthday party."

"Yeah but you're the only two people who haven't seen it yet."

I blink, "Seen what?"

Autumn stands up before pulling a scarf out of her bag, "Put this on."

My stomach churns dramatically, "What the holy hell is happening?"

"Just put it on."

I hesitantly wrap the material in my eyes, a familiar scent of aftershave enters my nostrils, "You ready?"

"I'm a little scared."

"Just trust me, sunshine."

"Okay, I trust you."

I allow my body to be gently guided forward, the butterflies in my stomach worsen when I hear the familiar ding of our elevator. My head is practically spinning when after several minutes, I feel a fresh breeze on my shoulders.

"Are we going to be walking for long? I haven't got the best footwear on."

"Five minutes, that's it."

"You best not be taking me to a haunted house."

He gently squeezes my shoulders while laughing, "Just trust me."

I don't know how long exactly that we're walking for but I feel my body being brought to a sudden stop.

"Can I take this off yet?"

"No, the birthday girl is still on the way. I can see Brooke coming with her now."

I hear footsteps behind me before his voice says, "You can take it off now."

I gaps loudly as I place a hand to my chest when I take remove the scarf from my face. Tears burn the corner of my eyes as I stare at the most beautiful cottage with colourful vines wrapped around the roof. I was completely besotted. The front door was painted yellow and their was various bushes of flowers gated around it.

Stood proudly in the grass beside the driveway was a 'sold' sign.

"Oh my god." I croak out, "I'm really sorry, if I'm jumping to the wrong conclusion but did you buy this house?"

He twirls the gold key around on his index finger, "I did. I figured what's a better birthday present for my daughter, then to buy her mothers dream home, in her name."

I don't even bother to try and conceal my sobers as I race towards him and fling my arms around his neck, he lifts my body up prompting me to wrap my legs around his neck.

I'm so desperately, hopelessly and sickeningly in love with this man. I wish I could even describe the way my heart sings when I looks at him.

"You bought my dream house." I cry as I cradle his face, "You remembered from our letters."

"Well, I thought it was only fair because you gave me my dream home, one year ago. Do you remember what my dream home was?"

I nod slowly as my heart squeezes tightly, "I do, you said you didn't care as long as it was a happy home."

"And you've helped create that, you make every inch of our home happy."

"I love you so much."

"I love you too, you massive dork"

When Rocky gently places me back on the floor, I walk towards Violet and retrieve her from our stroller. I place her on my hip and begin to walk around.

"You still need to check the back yard." Rocky says.

My happiness increases even further if that's possible, "Is there a tree-swing?"

"There's a tree-swing."

I grin massively as we walk into the back-garden, the tree swing looked beyond perfection, I could already imagine Violet swinging her little feet as we push her.

"Look around baby, this is going to be your new home." I whisper, "Because you're daddy is the best daddy in the entire world."

"You really mean that?" A voice whispers in my ear from behind me.

"Of course, I do."

"What about a husband? Do you think I'll be the best husband in the entire world?"

My heart stops dramatically as I slowly turn on my heel. My breath hitches when I see Rocky kneeling down on one knee with a velvet box in his hands.

I sob loudly as I nod frantically, "Yes, yes, a million times yes!"

Rocky grins as he springs onto his feet, he wraps his arms tightly around Violet and I before pressing a kiss to each of our heads.

"You're mommy and daddy are getting married." I whisper as I nuzzle into Violet's chubby little cheek, "Oh my god. You're mommy and daddy are getting married."

"Hey, you said yes. You can't back out now."

"I just can't believe it."

"Well, believe it baby." He murmurs lowly as he presses a kiss to my lips.

"I'm actually getting the happily ever after I've been dreaming of since I was six years old."

...

THANK YOU FOR READING!

I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHICH VERSION YOU PREFERED? PERSONALLY, I MUCH PREFER THIS VERSION AND THEIR LOVE STORY

DO YOU PREFER THEIR CHARACTERS IN THIS VERSION OR THE ORGINAL?