25.

Was it wrong to go through her purse to find her phone?

In the grand scheme of things, you didn't think so.

It was just to call someone, you told yourself assuringly. No snooping, no funny business. You just needed to know where she was staying.

Same password. You weren't sure if that made you feel better or worse, considering the four numbers were your own birthday.

You glanced at Jennie, still knocked out in your passenger seat, before you went straight to the phone app, failing to ignore her phone's wallpaper.

You called Alison.

"Where are you??"

"Alison," you said softly to the manager, clearing your throat awkwardly. "It's Y/n..."

It was like you could sense her stiffening up. "You're with Jennie?"

"Uh," you let out, looking at the sleeping girl again. "Sort of. She called me to pick her up and, uh, she's passed out in my car right now."

You heard Alison sigh.

"Uh so, I was just wondering where she's staying," you continued quietly, lest you woke up the girl in question. "I'll just drop her off."

"I'll send the address."

"Okay," you said simply, albeit much awkwardly as you shifted in your seat. "Thanks."

The address, which Jennie's manager sent promptly, wasn't very far from your own house. You wondered if that was by design.

You shook your head, bad thoughts.

"Jennie," you called out, trying to get her out of the passenger's seat as soon as you made it to your destination. "Come on, let's go inside."

She groggily asked if you were home, to which you replied yes, even though it wasn't quite the 'home' she was thinking of. She was so out of it, you don't think you'd ever seen her like that before. With one of her arms around your shoulders, you guided her up the driveway and up some steps, clumsily knocking on the door.

Alison opened it, her face flat and somewhat disappointed.

"Long time no see," you smiled, trying to break the tension as you stumbled in place as Jennie put all her weight onto you.

Alison chuckled a little, shaking her head and smiling too. Good. "Thank you."

"Should I bring her inside?"

She nodded, opening the door fully to let you in before she led you to the room you assumed was Jennie's.

You sat her down on the bed before kneeling down to take off her shoes and her coat, which were technically yours. It wouldn't be appropriate to do anything more.

Jennie was half conscious as you pulled back the comforter for her to climb under, still in her dress.

You were quiet, as you tucked her in and brushed her hair away from her face with your hands, fully aware of Alison watching you by the door. With a sigh, you cupped the side of her face, tenderly brushing your thumb over her cheek one last time.

"Y/n/n..."

You looked up in surprise when Jennie mumbled, her mouth falling open in a content sigh as you stroke her cheek with your thumb again. When you looked over your shoulder, Alison was gone and the door was cracked open barely an inch.

"Go to sleep," you instructed quietly.

Her hand grabbed your wrist as soon as you began to pull away and stand up. Her doe eyes blinked open. She tugged.