Chapter 2>>>

"I didn't choose you. I just took one look at you, and then- there was just no turning back." -Unknown

Theo POV
She walked in, and it was like my whole universe came to a halt. Her beauty stopped me in my tracks and then her voice... was like some kind of drug, that I was instantly addicted to.

It was hard to stay focused on my own work even though I wasn't a student having to take a pre-test. I took that forty five minutes of silence to look at her, without the fear of her noticing much less anyone else.

I studied her face, her structure and I can now say that her eyes.. are one of my favorite things about her. Well, her appearance anyway. She was like the only student there, the only one in the entire classroom.

I can tell that she's a good student, just by looking observing how she works and how intent she is to this test- though it means very little.

The bell rings and I'm shocked at how fast the class period went. I stand up and go by the back door to collect their papers. I'm collecting all in a pile but hers, until I see she's still packing her things up. She's last to leave and for me it's a good thing.

"Here, sorry." She says out of breath and blushing out of embarrassment.

"Don't be, it's quite fine." I tell her, and smile at her to reassure her. She exits through the door and in the entrance door, new students flood in.

I'm just feel fortunate that this class is split into two blocks and that I'll see her again, and soon. I stack the papers on my desk to look over later and get the next round of tests ready to place on desks, and pass out.

"Morning Everyone." I say, even though class hasn't started. I know most these kids since I had a lot of them last year, they're just sophomores now. There are a few hello's and "Hi Mr. James", more than the last class since they were new and I'm sure more nervous. The bell rings and we can finally get started.

"I'm passing out a pre-test, just to test the knowledge you already have in philosophy. It's not graded, it's just for me to know where you're at, and what we'll have to go over." I explain to them. Some nod, others still look half asleep. I place a stack at the end of each row and have them pass the papers down.

I return to my desk and they begin. I grab the stack from last class to read over, and hers is on top. Her handwriting is thing that catches my eyes, of perfect each letter looks.

The test itself is multiple choice with one essay question at the end, so her handwriting isn't too present- or at least as much as I'd like it to be.

I'm skimming over the answers, and reach the end. Realizing that she got them all right. I'm actually surprised because I know some older students than her have problems with these questions. I put the test on her folder like I'll do with the others as well, and move to the next paper.

The bell rings and I have to be honest that this time around it felt like it would never ring. I collect the kid's papers and walk back to my desk. I don't have a class next period so it's time for me to get my head straight. I sigh resting my head in the palms of my hands.

She's younger than me, too young. She'd never go for a guy like me, for starters I'm her teacher. Next I'm much older than her, and we hardly know anything about each other. I shouldn't be thinking about her this much, hoping that something could bloom between us. I shouldn't be thinking about her in that way period.

But that's the thing, I can't stop. I can't stop her image from entering my mind. I can't stop her voice from being on repeat in my brain. I can't stop her from getting to my heart. I'm hooked now, and it's almost impossible to turn away.