Chapter 32>>>

I can't promise you a perfect relationship, one with arguments over our differences or trust issues, however I can promise you that as long as you're trying, I am staying.

Shai's POV

Dressed for school, I start to make breakfast for the two of us. Theo's been up for a while, but is still getting ready. He took a break so I could get in and shower, so he's still finishing up.

I about to turn the radio on, when I see Theo's phone light up. He put it on the counter this morning, while making coffee.

"Theo, your phone's ringing!" I call, not thinking much of it.

"Can you answer it, I need to get my tie." Theo yells back, and I see him walk into the closet.

I go grab his phone, swiping it to answer.

"Hello?" I answer, the phone pressed against my ear and kept there by my shoulder.

"Oh my god, don't tell me you're the same girl." I hear a familiar female voice say.

I gulp, knowing in my gut that this is Ruth. My head tells me to go get Theo, but another part of me keeps me on the line.

"What do you want Ruth?" I ask, trying to keep my confidence up.

"Well certainly didn't call for you, now did I. What do you think, I'd like to speak to Theo." She responds rudely.

"He's getting ready." I tell her.

"Well in that case, can you just tell him that I have to change the time of our dinner tonight, to eight instead of seven thirty." You can practically hear her smirking from the other end of the line.

My mouth gapes a little, and Theo comes walking in- dressed in a navy suit with a white shirt underneath his blazer.

"He's there isn't he? And he didn't tell you." Ruth says.

"Just proves you don't know him like you thought you did." She adds before hanging up, I press the end button and set it on the counter.

The room goes silent.

"Who was it?" Theo asks, and I finally look up. I stare at him for a moment, how unaware he is of this.

"You can find out yourself when you meet her at eight instead of seven thirty." I spit, walking off to grab my keys and bag. Not wanting to stay here any longer, I can't face him anymore right now.

Theo stands there for a moment, before running to me. I'm about to leave until he pulls my hand away from the handle

"Shai, listen to me. It's not what you think." Theo says, desperately trying to keep me from leaving.

"Then what is it Theo?! What the hell am I supposed to think when I hear from her that you're meeting her. You don't tell me and you hide it, what does that look like to you??" I exclaim, my loud words catching him off guard.

"Shai I-"

"Don't." Is the last thing I say before leaving, slamming the door and not looking back.

>>>>

My day was stressful, not only because of all the work but it was made even more stressful when I had to be in a room with Theo. I didn't speak a word to him, knowing that I'd probably break down. And because I didn't want to talk about it then and there.

Maybe I'm making too big a deal out of this, maybe I'm dwelling on it more than I should be. But if he's hiding this, keeping this from me... what am I supposed to think? How am I supposed to react??